FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518479 times)

zwiggles

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2325 on: Jun 26, 2018, 01:28 PM »
Could you mean 2-4D herbicide?

Rg

Yes. Pretty sure that’s what they used, but I’ll be able to confirm once they get back to us.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2326 on: Jun 26, 2018, 01:45 PM »
That blows Zach. Hope its still safe.
Wicked Wec

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2327 on: Jun 26, 2018, 02:58 PM »
Z the only thing you could have done is spray them with a lot of water as soon as you could... :-\
Give them a week and see what happens..
Not sure why your worried about the soil?
Sounds like its all surrounded by chemicals..... :( 
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2328 on: Jun 26, 2018, 03:01 PM »
Just picked 2 boxes of tomatoes.... ;D
Time to go home and water my stuff..   ::)

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2329 on: Jun 26, 2018, 03:02 PM »
And got another 2700 mum plugs today... >:(

zwiggles

« Reply #2330 on: Jun 26, 2018, 03:08 PM »
Z the only thing you could have done is spray them with a lot of water as soon as you could... :-\
Give them a week and see what happens..
Not sure why your worried about the soil?
Sounds like its all surrounded by chemicals..... :(

My concern with the dirt is I know when I did lawn applications that there were a few grub control granulars which were systemic, and had a very very long half life. I don’t want anything to persist in next years dirt/planting’s.

I played the “what could I have done” game enough this weekend. I should have done a lot of things, but what’s done is done unfortunately. Even if they survive I don’t think I would be comfortable harvesting anything that has been exposed to R2D. That stuff is bad news bears.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2331 on: Jun 26, 2018, 07:15 PM »
It's always a guessing game. Better to err on the conservative side IMO.

Sorry for your misfortune.

Not to rub it in....but I had a ribeye on the Weber with a heaping helping of fresh steamd spinach for dnner. Not much I like better than fresh cut spinach.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2332 on: Jun 27, 2018, 11:13 AM »
It's always a guessing game. Better to err on the onservative side IMO.

Sorry for your misfortune.

Not to rub it in....but I had a ribeye on the Weber with a heaping helping of fresh steamd spinach for dnner. Not much I like better than fresh cut spinach.

Rg

I had grilled seabass, sauteed Russian kale with onion and garlic, and tomatoes and cucumbers in Italian dressing for dinner last night. 90% of the ingredients grown and caught. Also racked 30 gallons of wine last night.
Wicked Wec

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2333 on: Jun 28, 2018, 04:42 AM »
Sounds delicious Sharps!

My gardens are going crazy with the rain and warmth. Stupid chipmunks have to go. They're digging holes everywhere. Might be time for them to walk the plank. I'm thinking about the water bucket idea. Either that or I need to buy a smaller havahart trap. One I have is too small and one too big. They won't go near the mouse and rat traps and they don't seem to eat the poison peanuts.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2334 on: Jun 28, 2018, 06:41 AM »
1.67" of rain since 2:00 yesterday afternoon, still raining,  and not a puddle in the garden. It's taking it all. Watch them pop in the upcoming 90's next week!  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2335 on: Jun 28, 2018, 07:41 AM »
My latest attempt at a chipmunk trap.

The teeter totter trap.

It goes in to get the seed at the far end....the trap tips up and drops the door. When he tries to back out it tips the opposite way and blocks the door. There's a hefty rare earth magnet at the bottom to hold the door shut.

Bumped into the idea on YouTube. Took about an hour to build from stuff I had laying around. Testing begins when I get home today.
 :laugh:
Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2336 on: Jun 28, 2018, 08:06 AM »
Sweet.      ;D

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2337 on: Jun 28, 2018, 08:26 AM »
Hmmmm. Add a cumbustion chamber and a spritz of ether, and you can launch them 5 neighbors down!   :o
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

filetandrelease

« Reply #2338 on: Jun 28, 2018, 09:04 AM »

Come on RG get out there and Doctor Doolittle them , I’m sure you can negotiate a deal 🧐

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #2339 on: Jun 28, 2018, 11:18 AM »
You can borrow my wife's terrier for the weekend. That dog has been stacking up the monks, not sure where the replacements keep coming from. The dog has battled woodchucks, muskrats, and anything else that ventures into the yard. She hasn't lost a battle yet. I do worry if a fisher or yote steps into the ring, she has no fear and will fight.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.