FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518726 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3600 on: Jun 25, 2020, 08:27 PM »
Haven't posted much being back to work for the first time in basically 9 months, first due to illness, then Corona. Watering has been a chore for sure. She's starting to take off tho. Weeding and some pics this weekend.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3601 on: Jun 26, 2020, 07:41 AM »
Mine got watered yesterday compliments if some good thunderstorms.

Not much for me to do with it right now. It's humming along nicely with very little weeding to do.

I like that!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3602 on: Jun 26, 2020, 08:45 AM »
The only thing better than hand watering the garden with a cup of coffee at first light is having Mother Nature do the work for you!

taxid

« Reply #3603 on: Jun 26, 2020, 03:49 PM »
Marker ribbon works good

Crime scene?!  :w00t:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #3604 on: Jun 26, 2020, 03:50 PM »
Mine got a good watering yesterday and the day before....thanks Mother Nature!

Rg

Always nice when Mother Nature gives you a free day!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

seamonkey84

« Reply #3605 on: Jun 26, 2020, 03:59 PM »
I haven’t gotten too much rain, just cloudy days with light rain on and off. Only thing is, if the leaves don’t get to dry out through the day, fungus infections start showing. I’ve been using a hydrogen peroxide mix to spray my plants with after it rains, or just through the week to keep any from developing or spreading. Also to water some of my bigger containers that have been staying moist for a bit longer than I’d like, just to prevent root rot. the plants seem to respond really well to it too, as rainwater supposedly has some peroxide in it too that perks the plants up.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3606 on: Jun 27, 2020, 05:54 AM »
Getting some nice rain now. Could get a bit wild later on today......according to he weather geniuses.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

seamonkey84

« Reply #3607 on: Jun 29, 2020, 12:07 AM »
Getting some nice rain now. Could get a bit wild later on today......according to he weather geniuses.

Rg
Oh we’ll be getting the rain for the next few days. Cant say that’s a good thing without much sun.
Yesterday I was looking at my strawberry plant and was wishing that the suckers would finally reach the ground and start rooting themselves. Then I though I’d I have to dig them up afterwards since I don’t want them to stay in the ground that they are resting on.
 Then I got an idea.

There’s a 4th set on the back side. I’m wondering if once they’re rooted, will feeding the suckers fairly well end up helping the mother plant along instead of being a drain on the growth? Can I experiment with the fertilizer I give each one and see the reaction, and just cut the umbilical if something goes wrong.
Also, I ended up Accidentally fertilizer/ph burning the Blueberry plant that I had in the ground. It was a bare root that I put in early spring, but only had two small branches only 5” long at this point, so not a big loss. I’m going to till the patch and add a bunch of peat and compost before putting in my next set of blueberries.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

taxid

« Reply #3608 on: Jun 29, 2020, 10:14 AM »

Around here on the blueberry farms I think they fertilize or condition the soil with pig manure to lower the Ph to the acid side? I would assume pine needles do the same?

taxid

« Reply #3609 on: Jun 29, 2020, 10:20 AM »
Had a groundhog terrorizing my yard for a few days went out check out the garden after work Friday afternoon dog took a little circle around the yard dog found a groundhog and within 2 seconds broke his neck

Awesome. My late Akita did the same with a muskrat. Otherwise she was very docile and low key. I assume yours is too?

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3610 on: Jun 29, 2020, 02:12 PM »

Rg

Geniuses? More like weather guessers!

They’ve been wrong for the past three days for the rainfall for my garden. Today was the first day I fell for it and didn’t water in the morning, even the forecast said rain rain rain.

Now I have to water tonight and hope they guessed wrong with a few showers showing up tomorrow...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3611 on: Jun 29, 2020, 03:43 PM »
Skipped fishing today and spent time around my gardens. Cleaned up dead spring flowers, gave the new flowers a good shot of food, fertilized all my vegetables, did some pruning and training of the new vines, did a little weeding and...generally had a very nice morning puttering around the gardens.

Took a nice nap in  my hammock and played in the little wood shop the rest of the afternoon.

Re-retirement is sure to my liking.

Rg

gotagetm

« Reply #3612 on: Jun 29, 2020, 04:11 PM »
you have to slow down rg!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha sounds like a nice day ,spent mine a little more aggressive removing old guide rail and getting new in ,,,,,ill choose your day ANY day over mine  :D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3613 on: Jun 29, 2020, 04:17 PM »
I don't know how you highway guys do it. When I was traveling the freeways and thruway I couldn't help thinking what a long, hot day it was for y'all.
Granted, I had my share of baking in the bucket...but, I could get inside and the air was always on.

My hat...and hair....are off to you.

Rg

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #3614 on: Jun 29, 2020, 04:37 PM »
Just spent a little time tidying up in the garden.
Munching on fresh green beans! Love this time of year when the first harvests start!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.