FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Looking For a Bait Shop ........  (Read 6066 times)

hook em

Looking For a Bait Shop ........
« on: Apr 17, 2007, 12:34 PM »

Does anyone know if there is a bait shop in the Warsaw In. area ????
I know the Red Horse Shoe bait shop has been closed now for a couple of years,are there any more options ???
Thanks......... hook em    ??? ??? ??? ???

daffydone

Re: Looking For a Bait Shop ........
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2007, 05:42 PM »
there is one on 13 between pierceton and north webster if that helps

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2007, 07:23 AM »
There is no bait shop in Warsaw.  And as daffy said there is one just south of N. Webster on SR 13 right across from Kuhn lake.  There is also the "Ye olde tackle box" in Webster.

Edge

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2007, 11:32 AM »
I believe there is a bait shop at Palestine lake, right by the boat ramp.  I've never been in it, but it looks like it's still in business.  The public access is south west of Warsaw off of Hwy 25.

hook em

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2007, 12:58 PM »

Thanks guys for the info..............
                                                         Hook em

hook em

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2007, 01:04 PM »

What a shame, all that water in the Warsaw area and no local bait shop ?????????

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2007, 11:09 AM »

What a shame, all that water in the Warsaw area and no local bait shop ?????????
Got to thinking about this, are you looking for bait or tackle?  There are a few places in Warsaw that handle bait only.  If you are looking for tackle...."Big R" is a Bass Pro Shops handler.....great selection, hell they might even have bait??????  But no, there are no "Ma and Pa" shops in town.  And yes the Palestine one is open.

hook em

« Reply #7 on: Apr 20, 2007, 02:59 AM »

Rico,
I am looking for bait in the Warsaw area,was very sad to see the Red Horse Bait Shop close down,I was a steady customer there for many years.We fish that area alot and I can't believe with all that water in that county there are no bait shops ??? Well, I do deal with a wholesale bait shop in  LaPorte but its a long drive from my house,just looking for something on the way to the Warsaw Lakes,I have been at the Big R in town and you are right they have a nice selection of tackle....Thanks for the info........  FISH ON !!!!!!!!!!

Hook Em 

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #8 on: Apr 20, 2007, 07:24 AM »
Plenty of bait shops in the county, just none in Warsaw.  There is a place close to Winona that sells bait.  I just cant think of it off the top of my head.

hook em

« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2007, 01:56 PM »

Rico,
Can you give me directions to that Winona bait shop,I will be coming in on US 30 East bound.........

Thanks..........

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Apr 21, 2007, 04:12 PM »
Look at Wawasee. Biggest natural lake in the state and only one bait store which last I heard is only part-time. Sells bait outside in a dispenser. (Unless things have changed)

If people would quit buying their tackle at discount stores like Wallmart there might be more Mom and Pop bait stores open. Simple as that.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #11 on: Apr 22, 2007, 12:32 AM »
Look at Wawasee. Biggest natural lake in the state and only one bait store which last I heard is only part-time. Sells bait outside in a dispenser. (Unless things have changed)

If people would quit buying their tackle at discount stores like Wallmart there might be more Mom and Pop bait stores open. Simple at that.

I might buy more tackle at the mom and pop stores but you can't rely on them ever being open.  Sign says open at 7, you arrive at 7:30 and they are still closed.  I buy alot of hooks, sinkers, line, etc.. at walmart, you simply can't beat the prices, and they are open when they say they are going to be open.

sell

« Reply #12 on: Apr 22, 2007, 04:05 AM »
There is a Bait Shop on the west side of Pike Lake at the Grayhound bus stop, don't use it often but as I remember had a good selection of live bait and minnows. Can't think of ever seeing one near Wino.

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #13 on: Apr 22, 2007, 07:14 AM »

Rico,
Can you give me directions to that Winona bait shop,I will be coming in on US 30 East bound.........

Thanks..........
It is not a bait shop....It just carries some nightcrawlers and such....Sell is right there is a shop at Pike Lake, and I do believe it is seasonal(at least it wasnt open this past ice season).  I live in the area, but I always go to N. Webster to get my bait .  Hook em if you are going to be coming in the early morning hours, the shop south of Webster would be your best bet.  Crappie minnows 3 dozen for a buck!!!!  I guess a better question would be, what exactly are you looking for?

taxid

« Reply #14 on: Apr 22, 2007, 10:24 AM »
I might buy more tackle at the mom and pop stores but you can't rely on them ever being open.  Sign says open at 7, you arrive at 7:30 and they are still closed.  I buy alot of hooks, sinkers, line, etc.. at walmart, you simply can't beat the prices, and they are open when they say they are going to be open.

That's not anyway to run a business is it? No excuse. The ones I frequent are open when they say they are. I also get things the day before if I can.

I did  have a Super Wallmart in Goshen do the same to me a couple of years ago. They said they were open 24 hr. but didn't open until 7:30 that day when I showed up at 6 A.M.  I needed an emergency component for a trailer hitch to make a redezvous point to pick up some trout to stock my pond. I needed to be at the rendezvous point on the Pigeon river ( truck comes every year to delliver brown trout from Wisconsin)  at 7:30 which was a hour away!  When I go there at 6:00 and found out they wouldn't open until 7:30 it really messed me up. Got to the rendezvous point an hour late and never got my trout for the year! Fish were planted into the Pigeon because they didn't think  I was coming.  I lost 2000.00 in income that year because I didn't get the fish!

What happens when you need minnows, Wallmart doesn't sell them, and all the Mom and Pops are gone? I see Gander Mountain in Ft. Wayne doesn't even sell minnows.

You're free to do what you want but I'm tired of making China rich at our expense. Wallmart accounts for 5 percent of their GDP. And you do know you are buying seconds when it comes to tackle at Wallmart don't you? Ever see how many people are in the returns department? That should tell you something.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.