FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Looking For a Bait Shop ........  (Read 6065 times)

crappie66

• BOILER UP
Re: Looking For a Bait Shop ........
« Reply #15 on: Apr 23, 2007, 01:51 AM »
didn't think  I was coming.  I lost 2000.00 in income that year because I didn't get the fish!

What happens when you need minnows, Wallmart doesn't sell them, and all the Mom and Pops are gone? I see Gander Mountain in Ft. Wayne doesn't even sell minnows.

You're free to do what you want but I'm tired of making China rich at our expense. Wallmart accounts for 5 percent of their GDP. And you do know you are buying seconds at Wallmart don't you? Ever see how many people are in the returns department? That should tell you something.

There are a few gas stations that sell minnows, the one up there near Wolf Lake, and the gas station in Rome City. 

I am not concerned with making China rich, I just buy quality for the best price.  I am not going to buy something with less quality just because it has a made in america sticker on it.

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Apr 23, 2007, 01:15 PM »
I am not concerned with making China rich, I just buy quality for the best price.  I am not going to buy something with less quality just because it has a made in america sticker on it.

To each his own. However I don't think you're getting the quality you think you are. There will be a day of reckoning for our country with the trade deficit with China. Mark my words. They are gearing up their miltary like there is no tomorrow with the profits they make off of us. And they are even taking jobs from us.

I respectfully disagree. 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

hook em

« Reply #17 on: Apr 24, 2007, 03:26 AM »

Rico,

LARGE  Bass and Walleye minnows,are our baits of choice.Me and my BEST friend have had our best luck with live
minnows.What do you know about the fishing at Pike Lake in Warsaw ????? We have done our best there at night in the Summer time.The only problem we have is, I don't have four wheel drive to access that boat ramp when the water level is down,any info would be appreciated.If my job would allow,I would move out there in a heart beat ...
We just Love that area ...............    :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
            Hook em

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #18 on: Apr 24, 2007, 04:35 PM »

Rico,

LARGE  Bass and Walleye minnows,are our baits of choice.Me and my BEST friend have had our best luck with live
minnows.What do you know about the fishing at Pike Lake in Warsaw ????? We have done our best there at night in the Summer time.The only problem we have is, I don't have four wheel drive to access that boat ramp when the water level is down,any info would be appreciated.If my job would allow,I would move out there in a heart beat ...
We just Love that area ...............    :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
            Hook em
  I havent fished Pike in 20 years...just recently started hitting Winona hard...I spend most of my time fishing my family's private lakes s.e. of town or hitting tri-county.  I am a pan fisherman.  What species are you targetting?  As for the minnows you wanted I would recommend the bait shop in N. Webster.  Great selection and they are cheap.  My info is......if you are fishing for northerns, then Pike is the spot........if you are going after 'eyes, then Winona is the place......if you are going after muskies, then the Barbee Chain is the place to be.  But if you want crappie on the softwater, better talk to me!!!! ;D

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 24, 2007, 07:39 PM »
I like the one on 13 across from Kuhn that Rico mentioned!
Greg

hook em

« Reply #20 on: Apr 25, 2007, 01:07 PM »

Rico,

Thanks for the info,fish of choice for us are ,Walleye,Northern,& crappie.......I plan on going to the bait shop in N. Webster in the near future,sounds like a good one to try.Last year I set up a metal 50 gal tank with a good areator in my basement for minnows.It just got to the point that local bait shops in my area have all but closed.
I can keep minnows alive for about 3 - 4 weeks and they even seem to live a bit longer during the ice fishing season.At least now I have a few more bait shop options.Thanks again............Everyone..........  :thumbup_smilie:
                                      Hook em

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #21 on: Apr 26, 2007, 05:57 AM »
Hook em,

If you are coming in on US 30 eastbound.  Turn left on Old 30(there is a Schoop's hamburger joint at the NE corner of that intersection).  Follow Old 30 all the way down to SR 13.  Turn left(north).  The bait shop will be a few miles up the road on the right hand side(east). 

BottomDweller

• team wyoming
« Reply #22 on: Apr 26, 2007, 07:16 AM »
i'm trying to forget where my bait/tackle shop is.  too much $$$
--~~as long as it's just a slow leak... i'm not worried~~--

--~~softwater pirates afloat on wyoming's high seas~~--

hook em

« Reply #23 on: Apr 26, 2007, 12:48 PM »

Rico,

Thanks for the information,really appreciate it........ heading that way this weekend,Sounds like the weather is going to dry out and be nice,Got to chase them Fish............
Happy Fishing !!!!   Hook em

weekender

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2007, 06:28 PM »
travel tender in  goshen on 33 best and most reliable shop in the area. open every day year round.

LakeGeorgeBaitTack

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2007, 09:32 PM »
Amen to the guy who said whatcha gonna do when all the mom and pops are gone and you need minnows?!  Our family runs the bait store in Hobart, IN and we're open all year.  Last year, we just couldnt make the utilities and make any money in the winter time...too many people going to Walmart.  We opened for 2 hours in the early morning, and 2 hours in the evening, 7 days a week, during the winter.  Our prices are compeititve, and if you consider the price of gas, it's time saving, and cost-effective to go to your hometown supplier if you have one.  They may not stay in business if you don't.

Edge

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2007, 07:48 PM »
I am looking for bait in the Warsaw area,was very sad to see the Red Horse Bait Shop close down,I was a steady customer there for many years.

I was in Warsaw today, and noticed that the old redhorse is now some type of outdoor living store.  Any chance they sell bait?  Rico?

hook em

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2007, 03:14 AM »

Hey Rico !!!!!!!!!
Help us out, what gives at the old Red Horseshoe bait shop ??????
You know I am a Warsaw guy,are they going to sell bait ??????????
This past Saturday I lost a BIG fish at my favorite Warsaw Lake,in the HEAT of battle for some unknown reason
my bail on my heavy action spinning reel popped open and thats ALL that fish needed to get off,was fishing a shallow flat at just about dusk when that bruiser HIT,I plan on replacing that reel.............. and the search will continue for Mighty Moe............ Warsaw Style.............. Rico,Help a Brother out ............... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
                                Hook em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.