FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WILLOW SLOUGH  (Read 2665 times)

abishop

WILLOW SLOUGH
« on: May 01, 2020, 11:28 AM »
Anyone else planning on hitting the slough tomorrow? Looks like I finally have a day off with nice weather in the forecast. Hope nothing changes.

fishinator

Re: WILLOW SLOUGH
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 04:34 PM »
If it's anything like it's been last few times I have been there, yes, everyone is hitting the slough. Never seen it this crowded. Normally boats are spread out but this year there are groups everywhere. Looks like shanty town only with boats.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 10:49 AM »
Its been slam packed with boats since march 10th.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 05:50 PM »
More boats than the armada on Lake Michigan. What a beautiful day. First fish 10 1/2 inch ear and only another dozen keepers . Nothing else close to that size. Even got a couple crappie. Water temp 57.

abishop

« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2020, 12:55 PM »
Just found out. The limits on Murphy Lake have been lifted as of May 1st. All state rules apply. No limit on gills, 25 crappie and 14 inch on the bass. GO AND FILL THE FREEZER. i JUST FOUND THIS OUT TODAY A MONTH AND A HALF late.

gilldan

« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2020, 02:34 PM »
Man you have to slow down working.  That was announced back in April in the paper (I live on the east side of the state) and the DNR sent out a couple of notices on line.  But hey, it sounds like you found some anyway and I'm sure there are more there.

gilldan

« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2020, 02:38 PM »
The boat traffic is heavy everywhere this spring when the people got paid to stay home when the Cootie Bug hit.   You had to reserve a parking space at a boat ramp if you wanted to fish  I knew a couple of guys that had to drive to five different lakes just to find a place to park so they could fish.  It's been one crazy year for fishing.  What didn't get caught last winter is getting caught now.

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Jun 17, 2020, 03:34 PM »
Man you have to slow down working.  That was announced back in April in the paper (I live on the east side of the state) and the DNR sent out a couple of notices on line.  But hey, it sounds like you found some anyway and I'm sure there are more there.
Never seen that in paper around here. Just like the news to post in paper a long distance and nothing said here local. Guess you just have the old word of mouth. LOL

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #8 on: Jun 19, 2020, 07:39 PM »
Never seen that in paper around here. Just like the news to post in paper a long distance and nothing said here local. Guess you just have the old word of mouth. LOL

It was mentioned around here alot. Best part is the fish were on fire all spring. Up until they lifted limits. Lol!!!

its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

fishinator

« Reply #9 on: Jun 19, 2020, 11:15 PM »
It was mentioned around here alot. Best part is the fish were on fire all spring. Up until they lifted limits. Lol!!!
I took advantage of the raised limits a few times. Quality fish too. Hate to see them drain it but the weeds are out of control.

indianahooker

« Reply #10 on: Jun 20, 2020, 07:55 PM »
they have dumped loads of weed killer in that place last several years.  not sure id be eating too many of those things. lol  if they are going to drain it why not let people net them out?

Spooled85

« Reply #11 on: Jun 21, 2020, 11:55 AM »
they have dumped loads of weed killer in that place last several years.  not sure id be eating too many of those things. lol  if they are going to drain it why not let people net them out?

From what I understand they are going to eventually net themselves and move what fish they can to other ponds on the property and near by state owned areas .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.