FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Good day at Koontz...  (Read 948 times)

LundProv

Good day at Koontz...
« on: Jul 03, 2020, 10:14 PM »
Picked up my 92 yo friend this AM about 5:30 and headed to Koontz.  This is one of his old stomping grounds and I wanted to pick his brain and fish some of his memories.  I have fished Koontz a bit but not like he has.  So, we launched at the public launch with only 2 other rigs parked.  Navigated slowly and talked about the changes he had noticed from previous years.  He had me drive/boat across the big lake area and we stopped where I think is the north shore -- northwest actually of  the main lake in about 12' of water.  Put the I pilot down and on a slow speed heading east.  We basically used a crappie rig/drop shot rig with bee moth and had a blast.  Ended up with several nice lake perch - up to 12" and a few crappies and a bunch of average gills.  Tried the 31' hole with no luck and just had a good morning.  Got off the water by 11 and again, we stayed at about 12' of water and would either cast shallow or deep and if we got into a few, I would hit the spot lock to keep us there.  Even though it is hot out there, if you go early or wait until after about 4, there is a lot of good fishing out there.  I would also like to say how nice it was to have pleasant, polite, respectful conversations with people at the launch or on the water. 

RoeBoat

Re: Good day at Koontz...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2020, 10:49 PM »
Great report, sounds like a good day on the water!

taxid

Re: Good day at Koontz...
« Reply #2 on: Jul 05, 2020, 01:29 PM »
No issues with rude power boaters or pwc's?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.