FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missed oppurtunity(perch)  (Read 1172 times)

bigr

Missed oppurtunity(perch)
« on: Jul 10, 2020, 12:24 PM »
So I'm seeing now that theres a big north wind blowing in for a few days making perching tough. I'm all set up ready to go now with a couple buddies. Can I expect another run on the big lake as soon as the south stable winds return. Hopefully mid next week.

northrn-duck-assassin

Re: Missed oppurtunity(perch)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2020, 12:33 PM »
Yes, them perch aren't going anywhere. They will be in the shsllow water until september/october when the kings show up. Keep your gear ready to go and let the weather (wind) stable out for a couple days.

Mid next week is a good time frame to look to get back out again.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2020, 04:35 PM »
I’m ready for another run at them,those big perch get your gold fever going and after what I caught yesterday I got spoiled for sure!

MC_angler

« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2020, 12:17 PM »
Keep an eye on the Michigan City Buoy

The thermocline was really set up in about 30 feet, which was keeping all the perch shallower than that. These north winds are going to drive the warm water deeper, which will scatter and push fish out deeper.

After a couple days of stable west or south winds the thermocline should start creeping shallower and things should get back to how they were. As of Saturday around noon the thermocline is somewhere about 40 feet, so probably could still get fish, just out deeper

https://glbuoys.glos.us/45170

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.