FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 525917 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2790 on: Apr 10, 2019, 07:24 AM »
That's another ton of plants Dom. How many people work in this operation?

Some of Crocuses popped open yesterday.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2791 on: Apr 10, 2019, 08:24 AM »
Right now just 3.  Lost 2 but got a new one starting today.  Summer help will be  college kids..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2792 on: Apr 10, 2019, 04:16 PM »
That's a lot of hustle for 4 people. Impressive.

I'll say it again.....wish I lived closer. Well, most of the time. The amount and duration of snow you get would make me crazy. You're just melting down and I'm probably gonna mow my lawn this weekend.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2793 on: Apr 10, 2019, 04:29 PM »

You should see his spread sometime Bob, it is truly beautiful. 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2794 on: Apr 11, 2019, 04:12 PM »
I'm sure it is. The man has two green thumbs and several green fingers.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2795 on: Apr 11, 2019, 04:23 PM »

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2796 on: Apr 12, 2019, 04:53 PM »
Looking really nice Dom! Lowes is filling up with annuals. My hot box is starting to take off. Getting sprouts on pickles, cukes, squash, radishesand spinach. Still a few late comers, but it's early yet.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2797 on: Apr 12, 2019, 06:47 PM »
Thanks guys.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2798 on: Apr 12, 2019, 06:54 PM »
Looks like you get those big splits in the corners of the fingers and thumbs like I get. Man they can hurt.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2799 on: Apr 12, 2019, 06:58 PM »
Every finger Bob.
Lots of hand lotion and super glue to hold the cracks closed..   ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2800 on: Apr 12, 2019, 07:06 PM »
Neosporene and bandaids overnight. I'm trying to close 2 up now. Really puts the hurtin on my guitar and Uke  playing.

Bob

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2801 on: Apr 13, 2019, 07:13 PM »
A new one opened up today.

And theres always the other hand..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2802 on: Apr 13, 2019, 09:18 PM »
Ever thought of wearing some gloves? That looks nasty!

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2803 on: Apr 14, 2019, 04:59 AM »
Spent yesterday doing mower /tractor maintenance. I pulled the deck off last week to see what it needed and discovered that the transmission drive belt was shot. After a little YouTube research, I knew I had to raise the front of the tractor to just about vertical to get at all the pulleys I had to remove in order to replace the belt.

So I rigged a come-along  from the garage rafters and got it up in the air.

The belt was definitely shot.

A John Deere belt ( poly cord/rubber) was $49 at Lowes. I went to Tractor Supply and bought the same size belt in Kevelar for $20. Way better belt, less than half the cost.

Dug out the pressure washer and did the tractor and deck. Gave the deck a further cleaning with Spray-9 . That stuff works miracles! Scraped and wire brushed the underside of the deck then hit it with Loctite Rust Neutralizer. Followed up with a coat of rusty metal primer and 2 coats of Rust-Oleum hammerd metal enamel.

I'll sharpen some blades, put a new Kevelar belt on the mower deck and be ready to roll.

Before doing this repair myself, I called the John Deere dealer to see how much they'd charge to replace the belt. $435 with pick up and return, $350 if I dropped it off and picked it up. I figure I made about $225 an hour yesterday doing that repair myself.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2804 on: Apr 17, 2019, 05:27 AM »
Mowers are all ready to go. Started moving the "little wood shop" out to the garage yesterday. I want to start planting but I know it's too early. I might get the potatoes in the ground this weekend. I'm finLly getting some sprouts in the hot box. Pickles, cukes, papers, herbs and such. Radishes and spinach are doing very well. I've kind of got a garden layout

Waiting impatiently for the weather to straighten out.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.