FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Buffalo Outer Harbor  (Read 6388 times)

catfisher

• Born to fish
Buffalo Outer Harbor
« on: Jul 13, 2018, 11:39 AM »
Looking for advice on where to catch any kind of fish within the confines of the break wall or near round house. I volunteer for Excalibur Leisure Skills Center. Please see website for what we do. Taking some very  sick kids out tomorrow AM. Leave Safe Harbor Marina for 2 hour trips. May be their last trip. Would like to have them catch some fish and smile. All fish are released. I will only share your advice with our captains.  PM if you want to keep secret spots.

modeler

Re: Buffalo Outer Harbor
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2018, 12:39 PM »
If the wind is ok try along the outside of the break wall esp by the north and middle gaps. Can also try the wall by the lighthouse. Drifting by the round house can be good at times.

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2018, 01:43 PM »
Middle gap with crabs.
The smallies will cooperate for the kids.

Pequod1

« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2018, 03:18 PM »
South gap near the grain elevators has a few walleyes along with small perch and sheephead.  North gap around the ends of the jetties are good for bass.  Crabs and nightcrawler drifted along the bottom should keep them busy.

catfisher

• Born to fish
« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2018, 03:12 PM »
  Thanks for the intel gentlemen. We can only drift fish, so middle gap was not on option. Boat is 30 ft. Thank you trollers and long liners for going way around us.  We fished in front of Cargill elevator. Got smiles ( that's our pay ) also dances, screaming, fist bumps and high fives. Got sheapshead, walleye, perch, white perch and rock bass. Kids had a great day. This was a Make A Wish Event. Family was from out of state. They will remember Buffalo's hospitality. Thanks again and FISH ON!!  Tried to post pictures but could not make it work. HELP     

Pequod1

« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2018, 05:48 PM »
Very  rewarding in every way. Glad the kids had a good time.

gotagetm

« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2018, 07:08 PM »
That's awesome!!!

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 17, 2018, 07:46 AM »
If you guys are not familiar with Excalibur, they do an awesome job. I have been at the SBH in the past when they have come in and to see those kids almost inside out with smiles is heart warming. Great organization to support with a few bucks either individually or for you sportsman's club.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

catfisher

• Born to fish
« Reply #8 on: Jul 17, 2018, 10:44 AM »
Photos from Excalibur trip

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #9 on: Jul 17, 2018, 11:15 AM »
A wonderful thing you are doing catfish, simply amazing

Mac Attack

« Reply #10 on: Jul 17, 2018, 12:45 PM »
good job guys

Children are our greatest treasure!!!

:thumbup_smilie:

:clapping:

zwiggles

« Reply #11 on: Jul 17, 2018, 12:57 PM »
This is the best post I have seen in a long time!

To the OP, thank you for volunteering your time for this! I am sure it rewarding, but it can’t be easy. The kids seem to really enjoy it, and that’s what counts! Just great to see people sharing the love.

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
« Reply #12 on: Jul 17, 2018, 01:58 PM »
I was part of a fundraiser for this group at the Buffalo Launch Club last month!!! Great cause!!! 2nd year I have attended and planning on going every year forward!!   :thumbup_smilie:

lowaccord66

« Reply #13 on: Jul 17, 2018, 02:42 PM »
Great cause...and definelty a selfless thing to do.  Thanks for sharing. 

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #14 on: Jul 21, 2018, 09:11 AM »
volunteers all over your area and mine get a thumbs up from me and all the kids involved...especially in today's world to start some youngsters in fishing to let them see how something other than tv and video games...something more rewarding and gets them outside...thanks to you and all the volunteers involved.  :thumbup_smilie:
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.