FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Float trip on the Wabash  (Read 7582 times)

bherr24

Re: Float trip on the Wabash
« Reply #45 on: Sep 30, 2017, 10:29 PM »
Hit the river today around 5pm, fished the hole that i did so well in before the heat wave started and the fish cooperated. Ended up with 5 keepers, and also had 2 shorts. All on firetiger twister tails. Also caught my biggest walleye since last spring, a solid 25 inch fish.  All it took was 2 days of cool weather to get these fish active again, hadn't had a bite in this particular spot for almost 2 weeks until tonight.

Spooled85

« Reply #46 on: Oct 02, 2017, 04:52 AM »
Awesome ! Good eating rite there !! Nice pics and thanks for sharing

zwiggles

« Reply #47 on: Oct 02, 2017, 10:10 AM »
Nice job!

Jig_Head

« Reply #48 on: Oct 03, 2017, 04:44 PM »
Hell yeah! Good to see the bite picked back up

bigr

« Reply #49 on: Oct 04, 2017, 03:59 AM »
The corp has started the resi's draw down. River is up atleast a foot. Still fishable but with more current. Wading will be tougher.

bherr24

« Reply #50 on: Oct 04, 2017, 01:42 PM »
Yeah the river has come up a couple inches here in logansport but not much so far. Tried for a short time last night and got a white bass and one 15 inch walleye. If river gets too high i will move down a ways to where rivers meet. I'll probably fish for another week or two for the eyes before i start to focus more on deer hunting for a few weeks. Then after that it's on to the crappie for the rest of the fall and winter. Hopefully run into ya over on Missy again big r.

billyex99

« Reply #51 on: Oct 04, 2017, 03:45 PM »
We floated it yesterday putting in at the 31 bridge again. One sauger, two shad and a smallmouth for 5 1/2 hr. float. We noticed the river was up a little and a little dirty but didn't know why until we talked to a guy fishing from the bank. On the plus side we did find the correct place to take the boat out at the Lewisburg bridge after talking to him.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.