FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hatch Fishing  (Read 1907 times)

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
Hatch Fishing
« on: Jun 18, 2008, 05:51 AM »
how many of you like to fish for rising trout during hatches and what types of hatches usally produce the best for you for me it would have to be green drakes

mt2

• Saratoga
Re: Hatch Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2008, 10:16 AM »
For pond fishing I would agree that the green drakes bring up the biggest fish, midges also tend to be present most of the season in the ponds that I fish. As far as rivers, I like to fish the hendricksons,sulphurs,and tricos.

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2008, 04:21 PM »
Hendricksons, Sulfurs, and March browns here in Central New York. Green drakes can produce at times along with slate Drakes but the trout gorge themselves heavily here on Hendricksons and Sulfurs.

We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2008, 04:54 PM »
BWO(bluewing olive) hatch is my favorite, pretty reliable and consistant. I also have a BWO emerger pattern that works great... ;D

KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

JKneibel

« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2008, 05:44 PM »
Nothing beats using a grass hopper imitation any time of the day during the summer!  Strikes are violent and exciting.  bigger flies are easier to see as well.
A bad day fishing and drinking beer is better than a good day at work.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.