FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any one Fly fishing lately.  (Read 3536 times)

fishman31

Any one Fly fishing lately.
« on: Jun 13, 2009, 07:43 AM »
Well lots of rain here lately so not going for a few days.
How are the rest of you doing?
Nathan
Team Panfish Persuaders
NEIT

BBK

Re: Any one Fly fishing lately.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2009, 09:31 AM »
Got a 4.6lb bow yesterday on a size 10 adams

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2009, 11:32 AM »
Fished all morning until about an hour ago, nothing to brag about, but I caught some fish.
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

fishman31

« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2009, 03:30 PM »
MickeyFinn
You ever get a chance to fish the schroon at exit 24?  I have caught some nice smallies there.  Usually have caught them while fishing the trout.
Nathan
Team Panfish Persuaders
NEIT

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2009, 05:27 PM »
MickeyFinn
You ever get a chance to fish the schroon at exit 24?  I have caught some nice smallies there.  Usually have caught them while fishing the trout.

Couple years ago a friend and I scouted it out we heard there was a pretty good LL Salmon run up it if you hit it right. Well we didn't hit it right. Nice looking stream though.
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

fishman31

« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2009, 07:32 PM »
Yes the upper schroon is good but the salmon are a bit of a gamble.  But the schroon river that drains the lake is better. between exits 24 & 25.
Nathan
Team Panfish Persuaders
NEIT

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 15, 2009, 01:42 PM »
Friday was the last day.  I was going to fly fish but with the rain we got, it wasn't worth putting on the waders and trying to drift a dry with that current.  I just threw a spinner with my UL and picked up a rainbow first cast, then missed a few fish further up.

I did notice there were still some micro mayflies and average sized sulfurs coming off Friday evening.  I found some lime sallys (yellow stones) hatching down the river aways.  A couple guys fly fishing there were doing well with what looked like nymphs.  Not sure what kind of nymphs, maybe beadheads as they made a pretty good plop when the hit the surface.

That's what I've seen in NH anyway  :-\
Live free or die trying.

fishman31

« Reply #7 on: Jun 15, 2009, 03:15 PM »
Yes I hear ya on the rain.  It has been keeping the waterlevels up here as well.   Still plenty of time left in the season.  Besides July and august evenings are best on the battenkill.
Nathan
Team Panfish Persuaders
NEIT

rainbowrunner

« Reply #8 on: Jun 15, 2009, 03:56 PM »
The brown drake will be hatching on "Skinny" in the next week or so.  Everything in the lake will hit them,  Even caught a bullhead once.  Then the hexxies.  Good times, rainbows, LL's, smallies, perch.  Fish rising as far as you can see.

Spin

« Reply #9 on: Jun 20, 2009, 11:56 AM »
   Just got bacl from the U.P. Mich. Brookie fishing was good to excel. particularly the evening hatch. Caddis and caddis emergers also large black flying ants fished dry or drowned were hot patterns. Muskie and pike were slow but both largemouth and smallie fishing were very, very good.
    PS. The Hex Hatch is on here in Wisconsin, Lower/Central tho spotty as sporatic rains have thrown a monkey wrench into the fishing - again. We need a good 4 or 5 clear warm nites without more rain.

Tight Lines
                                                                                                                                    Spin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.