FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1472120 times)

reeleyz

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #5100 on: Jul 10, 2018, 06:38 PM »
Amazing pics Shane!

scout57

« Reply #5101 on: Jul 10, 2018, 06:44 PM »
nice pics Shaner.......now there is some serious voltage.......

Dug1898

« Reply #5102 on: Jul 11, 2018, 09:08 AM »
Amazing shots Snagger, I wouldn't want to be standing in the water or out on a dock...let alone out on the lake in a boat while that was going on! Really kool stuff man.
There's never been a better time to Stand Up for your First and Second Ammendment Rights than right now. 
Please join the NRA. They're my political voice.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #5103 on: Jul 11, 2018, 10:22 AM »
Yeah, with that IM8 rod with fluorocarbon line in hand. Years ago we were fishing in Chaumont bay when a storm was approaching, and my bud had some high modulus rods out. He was getting a shock every time he touched the rod, while my cheaper rods weren't doing it. Needless to say we peeled back to camp in a hurry. To boot there was no visible lightning yet.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5104 on: Jul 11, 2018, 11:45 AM »

heres an oldie deadeyes, summer of 2008 or 2009....

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #5105 on: Jul 11, 2018, 04:11 PM »
Just got home from my first ever trip to Oneida. Arrived at The landing Campground Sunday afternoon, but didn't fish till Monday morning. Sunday afternoon and early evening we spent with a friend from Syracuse over a steak dinner in camp. Monday was our learning day and though we marked lots of fish around 113, 109 and Lewis Point we only managed two keepers, with a couple throwbacks and a couple lost at the boat. Our fish came on trolled worm harnesses. We went back to the same general area on Tuesday and fared much better. We had a better wind for drifting so decided to save fuel and drift. Managed 8 keepers for the day with several shorts released. Didn't take long to discover the color of the day on the harness was either silver or silver. My son thought for a few minutes he had the granddad of walleyes. Instead he managed to boat and remove from the lake about 50' of red caution tape attached to a 5' post. I imagine it was something set up on the ice to warn of dangerous ice. Nearly all our fish were caught in 34 - 39 FOW. Tried the weedline for a short time with nothing to show for it but two bite offs. Was an excellent trip with my son and his neighbor. The campground was more than adequate. The only drawback was the half hour cruise down Fish Creek. We will, Good Lord willing, return next year but would rather camp at a spot that is on the lake with dock space. Information about campgrounds is scarce on the internet.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

Swampking89

« Reply #5106 on: Jul 11, 2018, 04:30 PM »
On those weed lines,probably got into pickerel.those toothy ones will rob you blind!! I don't know but Apps might still have rooms for rent and right on the water. Still sounds like you had a good time!!

filetandrelease

« Reply #5107 on: Jul 11, 2018, 08:39 PM »
 After a week lay off we got out and had a decent jig bite with some nice fish and the weather was  pleasant

pimplepounder

« Reply #5108 on: Jul 12, 2018, 04:10 AM »
Nice fish fellas awesome shots off that light show over the water. We had lightning that night hit one of the trees next to camp blew the bark and a big chuck right out of the side of it. A hot week for sure but the bite was very good

reeleyz

« Reply #5109 on: Jul 12, 2018, 05:35 AM »
Nice pics guys.

Great night to be on the water for sure. I snuck out with the whole family trolling last night. It was a little choppy to start but we managed to take home some nice eaters.

Rugburn - I had the same thing happen on Oneida one time. My dad and I were jigging and sometimes when we rose our rods you could here the electric snap. Also our line would bow up into the air off the water.  It was wild.

wallyworld

« Reply #5110 on: Jul 12, 2018, 05:36 AM »
Nice fish F&R  :thumbup_smilie:  we put 16 in the boat yesterday, kept 6

lowaccord66

« Reply #5111 on: Jul 12, 2018, 06:30 AM »
Great shots shane.  Nice work on the fish guys.

moosefeet

« Reply #5112 on: Jul 12, 2018, 06:31 AM »

Made our virgin voyage yesterday with Rugburn on Oneida. Becca got a nice eater plus a short eye,fishing was a bit rough to start but a blast just the same! Thanks for taking us Dave!

filetandrelease

« Reply #5113 on: Jul 12, 2018, 06:41 AM »

Nice fish Everyone ,
 I remember  back ages ago when I mated on the big lake , stactic was so bad the the line was so bowed that a stick was skirting the surface , 😜
 And the sports wouldnt touch the rods until I took the hit ,the hair was standing on end very weird feeling  lmao

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #5114 on: Jul 12, 2018, 07:42 AM »
Great fish, pics, and reports everyone! I was good to get back out there after couple weeks off. The arm is still pretty sore but feeling good enough to fish 😜
Nice job findin em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.