FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Happy Memorial Day everybody!  (Read 3524 times)

slipbob

Happy Memorial Day everybody!
« on: May 28, 2004, 09:35 AM »
Here's wishing all my fellow fishfinder members a happy Memorial Day weekend and may you all have 3 days off of work and catch lots of fish.  I hope everybody here gets out for at least one outing over the weekend.  Be safe, be happy, and lunkers for all.  Don't forget to bring your MFF tourney card with you and your digital camera because I'm hoping we get an entry here for the tourney out of somebody this weekend.  On Tuesday I want to see some pictures of your fish.  ;D

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
Re: Happy Memorial Day everybody!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 10:47 AM »
I'd like to wish everybody a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend as well ! ;D
Those who are brave are free ..       

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 11:15 AM »
I as well would like to wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day.

Remember all the vets!

My Great Uncle a WWII vet was just laid to rest two days ago.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 01:40 PM »
slipbob,

Thank You. My Great Aunt his wife was laid to rest 3 weeks ago. Married for 54 years she passed and then he went home shortly thereafter to be with her.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

fozsey

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 02:14 PM »
Jon,

Sorry for the loss of your aunt and uncle especially now. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. 

Have a great weekend everyone and have a great Memorial Day. Stay safe and give your kids a big hug. Mine are unable to be with me this weekend.

Brian

The Rocket

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 07:35 PM »
Memorial day always means a lot to me. Both of my Grandfathers served in wartime (WW II and Korea). I am always very proud of there service. My grandfather Robert was woulnded in Korea when he was helping a woulnded soldier in his unit. He recieved the Purpil Heart, The Bronze Star, The Army Service Metal and was promoted to Master Seargent. May God Bless All Of Our service members, past and presant.
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

fastribs85

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 07:50 PM »
jon sorry to hear about your family and happy memorial day to all also will be hoping everyone catches a few fish but lets all remember the veterans my grandfather ewas in korea he was also wounded and continued to direct mortar fire he would never talk about it and has since past on wish i could have learned more from him about his service and fishing but remember korea is not over and we have service men and women around the world protecting our freedoms and giving them to others lets keep any protests away this weekend and if you must protest the war in iraq and afghanistan then please have the courtasy to embrace our soldiers they do not deserve to be treated like trash they are real heros

remember our fallen heros
naked women and beer we got it all in here

fozsey

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 10:12 PM »
Amen Brother...God Bless ;)

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2004, 08:36 AM »
just a THANK YOU from missfishy
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2004, 08:43 AM »
just a quick note to all the members of this GREAT site. Happy Memorial Day. remember all the  people of the armed forces, past and present who have died protecting what a lot of people take for granted, FREEDOM!!!

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2004, 06:15 AM »
just a quick note to all the members of this GREAT site. Happy Memorial Day. remember all the  people of the armed forces, past and present who have died protecting what a lot of people take for granted, FREEDOM!!!

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2004, 07:02 AM »
Yes, hope everyone has a great weekend.  Honor our veterans in the process by stopping what you are doing and taking 60 seconds of your time today, where ever you are, and think or pray for them, thanking them for giving us our freedom and our history.  I think that the time is 3 PM if I'm not mistaken.  Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

As far as fishing goes, I'm going to try to get out a few hours today if the weather gives me a window.  I had plans for today and tomorrow.  Todays were washed out because we are expecting lots of T-storms and tornado potential all day long, 80% chance :P.  Not only that, most of our rivers are still raging from the last set of them.  So, hopefully folks that live along the river aren't ravaged by serious flooding.  I'll probably get a full day in tomorrow, so it's not too bad for me I guess.

---signed, sitting here typing on MFF bummed out when I would be out fishing if it wasn't for the danged storms...  Heck, I'm gonna get out anyway...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2004, 11:08 AM »
Lest We Forget!

Tell your children and grandchildren who won their freedom with their sacrifices and their lives.

Our Thanks to You!
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2004, 01:30 PM »
what a doll face  ;D
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #14 on: Jun 01, 2004, 12:06 PM »
Yes, and now, we cannot do to our soldiers what we did to them in the vietnam era. With or against the war, you still should support them.

And too bad, I didn't get out fishing this weekend, but that's okay. Playing a double header of baseball and then watching 8 out of 10 games of the Junior College World Series live was enough to remember the country for me because after last night's game, fireworks were shot off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.