FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The chu  (Read 35516 times)

manitron

Re: The chu
« Reply #285 on: Apr 30, 2018, 03:15 PM »
Parked 1 truck at gate 30 and the other truck at 35 this morning. Fished the shoreline from 30 to 35 throwing metals. 2 of us not even a hit. Saw 1 guy by the rook fighting 1 on bait but he lost it. Chu has been a tough fish for me so far this year. Boat should be ready this week. Time for some flounder.

Jeff,I told Matt not to be surprised if you wandered by.Metal has not produced numbers this year but my biggest so far was on a Croc.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #286 on: Apr 30, 2018, 03:19 PM »
20 pages let's keep it up :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

lowaccord66

« Reply #287 on: Apr 30, 2018, 03:20 PM »
Jeff,I told Matt not to be surprised if you wandered by.Metal has not produced numbers this year but my biggest so far was on a Croc.

Way to get out Manny.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #288 on: Apr 30, 2018, 07:48 PM »
The fishing was slow forsure Sunday. I thought I would share this picture Frank took of an awesome Chu sunrise. One of the beautiful areas on the Chu I think. Well off the beaten path.

Click on the picture to enlarge  it.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

manitron

« Reply #289 on: Apr 30, 2018, 11:02 PM »
The fishing was slow forsure Sunday. I thought I would share this picture Frank took of an awesome Chu sunrise. One of the beautiful areas on the Chu I think. Well off the beaten path.

I know that spot and it is a hike. It is beautiful.

taxid

« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2018, 06:39 AM »

Is that solid rock sticking up out of the the water?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #291 on: May 01, 2018, 07:13 AM »
Awesome picture
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #292 on: May 01, 2018, 08:12 AM »
Nice picture Jeff.
Wicked Wec

Ash82

« Reply #293 on: May 01, 2018, 08:59 AM »
Great picture for sure!

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Walked the still today and lost a rainbow and that was it. no suckers to be seen which was odd.

CMD1987

« Reply #295 on: May 17, 2018, 10:52 PM »
Saw a massive school of baitfish jumping at the surface beneath the power lines two evenings ago. The entire stretch of water beneath the power lines was teeming with jumping baitfish. Easily 100 yards across or much more. I don’t know what these baitfish would have been other than smelt. They were approximately the right size/shape/color from what I could see with binoculars. Also - I don’t know of any other baitfish jumping at the surface in 50+ feet of water in such huge numbers at the chu. I am fairly confident it was a large school of smelt. Haven’t really seen anything like it before - have fished Wachusett regularly for years. Makes me think there is a chance the smelt are doing okay and it’s just impossible to tell since no boats are allowed and no fishing is allowed the time of year you might see smelt in the shallows. Just passing along the info. Definitely made me think.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #296 on: May 18, 2018, 06:32 AM »
i saw something similar at scar hill a few years ago. they were finning on the surface like a trout but they were right off the shore and were so small i couldnt see them.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #297 on: May 18, 2018, 10:20 AM »
i saw something similar at scar hill a few years ago. they were finning on the surface like a trout but they were right off the shore and were so small i couldnt see them.

Crappie?
Wicked Wec

zwiggles

« Reply #298 on: May 18, 2018, 11:03 AM »
Saw a massive school of baitfish jumping at the surface beneath the power lines two evenings ago. The entire stretch of water beneath the power lines was teeming with jumping baitfish. Easily 100 yards across or much more. I don’t know what these baitfish would have been other than smelt. They were approximately the right size/shape/color from what I could see with binoculars. Also - I don’t know of any other baitfish jumping at the surface in 50+ feet of water in such huge numbers at the chu. I am fairly confident it was a large school of smelt. Haven’t really seen anything like it before - have fished Wachusett regularly for years. Makes me think there is a chance the smelt are doing okay and it’s just impossible to tell since no boats are allowed and no fishing is allowed the time of year you might see smelt in the shallows. Just passing along the info. Definitely made me think.

I don’t know what is in that lake, but what you described sounds a lot like the white perch schools I have seen finning/boiling water in the middle of a lake. We would often see alewives jumping out of the water as you described as well on on lakes that had them.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #299 on: May 18, 2018, 12:28 PM »
I don’t know what is in that lake, but what you described sounds a lot like the white perch schools I have seen finning/boiling water in the middle of a lake. We would often see alewives jumping out of the water as you described as well on on lakes that had them.
Plenty of White Perch in there and big ones too. I saw the news last night on the tick problem. 26 to 30 on him in that short of a time :o :o Yikes. Make sure you check good. Iv'e only gotten 2 so far this year. Feel lucky after seeing that story.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.