MyFishFinder By Species > Carp

First Carp Hunt of the Year

<< < (3/4) > >>

rgfixit:
Just got back from my stream. I went to take a look see for carp. None just yet, but I whacked a nice smallmouth ;D

I'm sure there's a few pods that moved up and with tomorrow's warmth there will be more. Rain this weekend will bring the stream up and it'll be go time!
RG

stoph:
I've been haulin here in ontario!!!! 

It started sloooooow this yr. i tried first in mid april, it took me 4 sessions to get a fish. Its been a slow warm up (its still kinda crappy weather now) but in the last couple weeks i've really started landing some fish. The biggest so far is 26lbs. Last time out i landed 17 carp and lost 3, i was out for about 5 hrs. I'ts so nice go home with a stinky net and sore arms!

stoph:
 where are you rg?

rgfixit:
 I'm here. I've been chasing the walleye. I've been in the stream a few times but the carp aren't up as yet. The water temps are still pretty low. I expect that this will change in the next couple of weeks.

I've been working on a crayfish fly pattern I'm hoping will work on the stream carp. I have to get back to the fly shop and get some other materials.

I'm happy to see that someone is having some success.

RG

monkeyman2269:
in rochester i have seen around 50 or so in the past week

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version