FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tiger musky??  (Read 13376 times)

SWAMPGOOSE

Re: Tiger musky??
« Reply #15 on: Apr 15, 2011, 10:57 AM »
HAHA
cream ale is good, rolling rock is great, but land shark is king

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #16 on: Apr 15, 2011, 11:06 AM »
that  is  a junvenile northern  pike   the   strips  have   started   to   fade   to  the   adult   spots !  you  can  google  all  this  info  and   even  see    pictures ,  iding   fish   is  have  the  fun  sometimes
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Captain1978

« Reply #17 on: Apr 15, 2011, 11:15 AM »
Seen this a lot on here. Comes up a couple times each season. Young Pike my friends.Thoser  bars or stripes will fade out with age and turn to spots. Not all young Pike are like that but I've seen quite a few. In places where there are no Tigers. I know, I know someone coulda dumped one or two in. Young Pike, It's a young Pike.
El Capitano

bcons

« Reply #18 on: Apr 15, 2011, 11:15 AM »
100% pike.  Tigers tails are much more rounded the muskie or pike, look at that ones tail.  Also they have dark stripes on light background.  That fish has light stripes, which trapper just pointed out are fading to the spots.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Mr. Jitterbugger

« Reply #19 on: Apr 15, 2011, 11:19 AM »
THATS A PIKE!!!

FISHMAN247

« Reply #20 on: Apr 15, 2011, 11:20 AM »
LOOKS LIKE YOU WERE FISHING A STREAM OR RIVER... MUST BE ONE OF THOSE TIGER TROUT!! ;D ;D ;D

taxid

« Reply #21 on: Apr 15, 2011, 11:26 AM »
Juvenile northern pike. No doubts whatsoever. I've seen them before.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

pike46

• looking for my 30 pounder
« Reply #22 on: Apr 15, 2011, 12:47 PM »
juvenile tiger

pike46

• looking for my 30 pounder
« Reply #23 on: Apr 15, 2011, 01:15 PM »
Changed my mind . Its a pike. Im looking at the tail and fin coloring. also pike colors can vary water to water as well as season. I have also caught small pike with those bars.

esox v

« Reply #24 on: Apr 15, 2011, 03:56 PM »
 Now I don't know ?? If you look at all the pics of juvenile pike they are small... Like tiny small under 20"... I have never seen one carry that coloration to that size. Interesting... The fins are Definately the  coloration of a pike.
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

SWAMPGOOSE

« Reply #25 on: Apr 15, 2011, 04:08 PM »
ITS A SNAKEHEAD
cream ale is good, rolling rock is great, but land shark is king

esox v

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

jona

« Reply #27 on: Apr 15, 2011, 04:15 PM »
Here's some pics of some real young pike I found.  They do look a bit like tigers due to their colors and patterns, but as someone mentioned above they lose them through time and get the typical bars of a pike.  In the pic in question it's losing the juvenile markings, while gaining the bars.  Kind of a teenager- not a kid, not an adult lol.

http://forum.nanfa.org/index.php/topic/10460-identifying-juvenile-grass-pickerel-and-juvenile-northern-pike/

taxid

« Reply #28 on: Apr 15, 2011, 05:27 PM »
Now I don't know ?? If you look at all the pics of juvenile pike they are small... Like tiny small under 20"... I have never seen one carry that coloration to that size. Interesting... The fins are Definately the  coloration of a pike.

Although I have no doubt whatsoever it's a juvenile pike I agree they usually loose the bars by that size.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

The Prizz

• Southside Chi-towner
« Reply #29 on: Apr 15, 2011, 05:47 PM »
What you have there is a future gamefish..........take care of those things, pike(which I think it is) or musky :thumbup_smilie:....L8r, Prizz
Keep on keeping on!!!!!!!    Prizz

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.