MyFishFinder By Species > Carp

Corn-less carp

<< < (3/4) > >>

waterwolf603:
those hair rigs are great but can be a pain in the butt at first, like RG said tho they hook em great you tube has a ton of bait rigging tips and tactics for carp

youngster:
i tried the quaker oats yesterday  and when the carp showed up they hammered it.  im a tried and true cormeal and vanilla guy  guy but the fact i can just take a container of oatmeal to the river and mix with a little water to make doughballs was great...  next time ill try a little vanilla with it....thanks for the tips everyone and happy memorial day to all

Hillbilly75:
Nice! Gonna have to try that myself.

SKUNK-MASTER:
this past summer i used doughballs made from cornmeal vanilla and sugar........tried putting them in spawn sacs used for eggs.......used orange and yellow........keeps the dough non the hook(mostly if you need to cast long distances).    seemed to work great and got as many bites as without ;D

youngster:
just back from river carp fishing. I was a tried and tru cornmeal guy with vanill and salt but went 3 times now with just quaker oats and hammered them.. like poster before said kinda nice just putting some in ur fist at waters edge dippin in water for a second with fist closed and kneadin it up into a ball.. can be messy.  but worked great.  got me a new ambassador 6500 prorocket and vendetta heavy rod. awesome combo  with the clicker on the reel.  still experimenting. but had a blast.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version