MyFishFinder By Species > Carp

Corn-less carp

<< < (2/4) > >>

Water Wolf:
A person could make some boilies for the carp, they seem to work well with some carp anglers.
They also can be flavored with spices and fruit flavors.

One of the tackle shops here in Sask. use to sell a boille they called ""Tutti Frutti", LOL. ;D

There are a few different boilie recipes if you look online.

WW

buzzbomb:
I was actually going to suggest the same thing, WW, but you beat me to it.  There are lots of things besides corn to bait with, but if the law says no chumming the next step should be to determine if method mix or packbait without corn is legal.  If you can prebait, but without corn, you could whip up a couple of pounds of boilies and put out freebies with a slingshot.  I caught on crude homemades first time out on carp that had never seen a boilie before so don‘t be scared.

hammercarp:
Try this.
Buy some Puffed Corn. It is for sale in grocery stores as breakfast cereal. Put a single piece on a 2/0 baitholder hook with about 4 inches of line tied to the hook. Use a barrel swivel to attach it to your line. Use a sliding egg sinker above the barrel swivel. Use just enough weight to hold it in place. Buy some large flake rolled oats ( not quick or instant ) . To 3 lbs of oats add one can of creamed corn and a tablespoon of salt. Mix throughly. Take a handful of the mixture and pack it well around your baited hook. Cast it out and hang on. :)

taxid:

--- Quote from: hammercarp on Apr 10, 2012, 03:51 PM ---Try this.
Buy some Puffed Corn. It is for sale in grocery stores as breakfast cereal. Put a single piece on a 2/0 baitholder hook with about 4 inches of line tied to the hook. Use a barrel swivel to attach it to your line. Use a sliding egg sinker above the barrel swivel. Use just enough weight to hold it in place. Buy some large flake rolled oats ( not quick or instant ) . To 3 lbs of oats add one can of creamed corn and a tablespoon of salt. Mix throughly. Take a handful of the mixture and pack it well around your baited hook. Cast it out and hang on. :)

--- End quote ---

So the puffed corn causes the bait to float up off the bottom a little even with the mixture around it (I assume the mixture dissolved as soon as it hits the water to attract the carp?)

rgfixit:
Use a Hair Rig.

The Hair rig will always hook in the mouth.

Substitute any bait you like. Small pieces of foam such as from a Styrofoam coffee cup can be added in between to float the bait if you like. Not really necessary though. Keep the hook small. I seldom use more than a #8 Octopus. Keep the weight light as possible.

RG

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version