FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quabbin rentals  (Read 1063 times)

Ryan51993

Quabbin rentals
« on: May 07, 2021, 11:48 AM »
Any quabbin fisherman know if I have a chance of getting a boat around 6-7am sunday or would I still need to get in line super early? Usually this time of year I'd just go on weekdays but my friends can't get the time off. I'm thinking gate 43, hoping it'll be the least crowded. Thanks.

ICEHOLE

Re: Quabbin rentals
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 04:41 PM »
I've fished it a couple Mondays last few weeks.  Got there 5-10 min before 6, and still had to wait wait half hour. I'm sure Sundays are much busier,  so why risk it?Get there Early!
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

Ryan51993

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 07:27 PM »
Thanks for the info we're going to try 43 at 6am. Bringing shiners for pottapaug just in case we cant get a boat on the res. I've caught some BIG bass from pottapaug.

ICEHOLE

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 08:13 PM »
Thanks for the info we're going to try 43 at 6am. Bringing shiners for pottapaug just in case we cant get a boat on the res. I've caught some BIG bass from pottapaug.
How did you make out?

Ryan51993

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 06:29 AM »
I arrived at 6am and I was the 5th person in line. Don't know if it was because of mothers day or what but hardly anyone was out there. Had a blast fishing landed about a dozen nice smallies and a few rainbows. I could have done a lot better but it got super windy which kept me off the main waterbody and I didn't have all the tackle I should have brought. Also lost half of one of my rods overboard in the first hour I was there. But I'll be back when the water temp comes up a few degrees, trying to break the 6# smallie mark. I had a giant take my lure 3 times and not get the hook and I'm coming back for him!

ICEHOLE

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 09:21 AM »
sounds like you had a good day congrats!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.