FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Salt Is Alive  (Read 22957 times)

westernmas

Re: The Salt Is Alive
« Reply #60 on: Aug 10, 2021, 03:04 PM »
Congrats Jon.  Boat looks amazing.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #61 on: Aug 10, 2021, 04:23 PM »
Looks good Jon! Happy for you!

If the fish are around and visible, I wait for that perfect cast. If not, I will also blind cast because I am fishing, not bird watching.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #62 on: Aug 10, 2021, 06:01 PM »
Looks good Jon! Happy for you!

If the fish are around and visible, I wait for that perfect cast. If not, I will also blind cast because I am fishing, not bird watching.

The world has enough bird watchers....

Thanks Pat.  You and Matt and Mike have to come for an adventure.  Mike im ready for gps marks for mats whenever you are!

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #63 on: Aug 10, 2021, 07:48 PM »
I'm waiting for some gps marks too ;)
boat looks awesome John. looks like it would be a killer ontario rig.

lowaccord66

« Reply #64 on: Aug 10, 2021, 11:05 PM »
Thanks man!  Lets get after some funny fish soon.  One of the main reasons I bought it was because of the trailer and knowing I want to bring it out there and champlain.  Niagara bar will happen finally! 

Brand new trailer, less than 200 miles with kodiak brakes (supposedly a good upgrade?) So it should tow well.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #65 on: Aug 11, 2021, 07:52 AM »
Let's go. Doormat season is nearing the end. You give me a date, I will tell you where and we can hit it up. Bonito and fluke are crossing paths right now, as can Cod.
Wicked Wec

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #66 on: Aug 11, 2021, 10:43 AM »
Thanks man!  Lets get after some funny fish soon.  One of the main reasons I bought it was because of the trailer and knowing I want to bring it out there and champlain.  Niagara bar will happen finally! 

Brand new trailer, less than 200 miles with kodiak brakes (supposedly a good upgrade?) So it should tow well.

I looked up those Kodiak brakes, they don't give 'em away, that's for sure. Trailer looks awesome.

lowaccord66

« Reply #67 on: Aug 11, 2021, 04:11 PM »
Ya I didnt have the chance to read about them Geoff.  Good to know!  Where's Mac's battery btw?  Im about to setup a sick minnkota for this!  Right under the captains seat is a perfect spot for some battery action.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #68 on: Aug 12, 2021, 07:11 AM »
Ya I didnt have the chance to read about them Geoff.  Good to know!  Where's Mac's battery btw?  Im about to setup a sick minnkota for this!  Right under the captains seat is a perfect spot for some battery action.

Nice! Are you able to find a Terrova right now? Do you have a good spot to mount it or do you have to build a bracket? You gonna order a lithium battery from behind the Wendys? You might be able to pay Mac's guy in Dogecoin if that's more convenient.

lowaccord66

« Reply #69 on: Aug 13, 2021, 11:40 AM »
I am on a waitlist for one.  Have a great spot to mount it and a good spot for batteries.  Will likely do 3 group 27 agms.  Had thought about 2 36v dakotas but god forbid a lithium battery gets punctured somehow...thats an unstoppable fire. 

I was at the race last night and would have slaughtered if I could have spot locked right before the tide rips...instead I salughtered my passenger with sea sickness...

I did catch a fluke though...(not mike sized)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #70 on: Aug 13, 2021, 03:41 PM »
I am on a waitlist for one.  Have a great spot to mount it and a good spot for batteries.  Will likely do 3 group 27 agms.  Had thought about 2 36v dakotas but god forbid a lithium battery gets punctured somehow...thats an unstoppable fire. 

I was at the race last night and would have slaughtered if I could have spot locked right before the tide rips...instead I salughtered my passenger with sea sickness...

I did catch a fluke though...(not mike sized)

LMAO Jon. Happy for you man. Just let me know when and we will get some big ones.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #71 on: Aug 13, 2021, 04:02 PM »
Thanks Mike.  I completely forgot that sea sickness is a thing.  Going to grab stuff to keep on the boat for poor souls.

Im slipped in old saybrook so whenever you are ready.  Seemed to be a few near fishers.

stripernut

« Reply #72 on: Aug 13, 2021, 07:20 PM »
Relief Band motion sickness Electrode Stimulator
Best thing I have seen yet, only seen it fail once (this past weekend) and I think it is the unit, as it is over 10 years old... I have put it on guys that were hanging over the rail and stopped them mid puke!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #73 on: Aug 14, 2021, 02:59 AM »
Thanks Mike.  I completely forgot that sea sickness is a thing.  Going to grab stuff to keep on the boat for poor souls.

Im slipped in old saybrook so whenever you are ready.  Seemed to be a few near fishers.

If your having fun, work it otherwise get out of there. Pounded for weeks by dragers.
Wicked Wec

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #74 on: Aug 14, 2021, 01:35 PM »
caught my first fish on the rod I built last week. nice Spanish mack first of the season. stinks that the albies were lockjawed

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.