FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 42453 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #105 on: Sep 24, 2021, 11:38 AM »
Just another day at the office.

8 deer ran across just before I took this picture.

Only a couple more weeks left I guess.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #106 on: Sep 24, 2021, 12:14 PM »
Life is good….👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #107 on: Sep 24, 2021, 02:15 PM »
Yeah it is Dom. Short morning. Some big outing on the course today.super didn’t want to make a mess we’d have to try and clean up in a hurry. My son was setting pins and tee markers. He had that evil greenskeer’s look in his eye. Think he had it in mind to cut some nasty cup locations.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #108 on: Sep 27, 2021, 03:14 PM »
My Son, “punching greens”.

I was mowing fairways and stopped to watch for a bit. Pretty cool operation and a nice setup. I’m taking my Bride in tomorrow afternoon for a tour of the course and to watch our Son at work. It’ll be fun to show her what I’ve been going on and on about all summer.

Should have done this years ago.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #109 on: Sep 30, 2021, 04:16 AM »
We have a part time mechanic at the course who’s pretty darned good at making emergency repairs. Not so good at doing PM. The other day my son was trying to get just one of the 5 echo back pack blowers started. The only one hat ran was one that the kill switch didn’t work on. There was a piece of masking tape saying to pull the plug wire to shut it off.

Knowing how big a jolt one can get messing with a live spark plug wire, I brought it home with me and fixed it. There were wires out of place in the handle from someone who replaced the throttle cable, one of which was cut and the grounding wire on the coil was broken. Took me a couple hours to figure out how to get it apart. Now I know how.

I told the super I was going to take them home one by one and either make them run or use them for parts. The only other working blower disappears every time the pro shop blows off the sidewalks around the clubhouse. I told my Son to get a couple big eye bolts, a cable and a lock and make them ask to use one.

fishinator

« Reply #110 on: Sep 30, 2021, 06:00 AM »
We have a part time mechanic at the course who’s pretty darned good at making emergency repairs. Not so good at doing PM. The other day my son was trying to get just one of the 5 echo back pack blowers started. The only one hat ran was one that the kill switch didn’t work on. There was a piece of masking tape saying to pull the plug wire to shut it off.

Knowing how big a jolt one can get messing with a live spark plug wire, I brought it home with me and fixed it. There were wires out of place in the handle from someone who replaced the throttle cable, one of which was cut and the grounding wire on the coil was broken. Took me a couple hours to figure out how to get it apart. Now I know how.

I told the super I was going to take them home one by one and either make them run or use them for parts. The only other working blower disappears every time the pro shop blows off the sidewalks around the clubhouse. I told my Son to get a couple big eye bolts, a cable and a lock and make them ask to use one.
sounds like where I work. I spend as much time fixing broken equipment as  I do working on my job!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #111 on: Sep 30, 2021, 03:15 PM »
I have to give due where it’s due. The mechanic has inherited a myriad of issues from the prior super who bailed in the fall of the prior year. The guy took his whole crew and went to another club. All the machines were torn down for winter servicing.

He walked in to a real pile of stuff. Nothing serviced or repaired for the opening last spring. Only the super, a part time mechanic and 1 full time guy who never worked on a course where they need at least 8-10 groundskeepers to just keep up.

We got through this season. It’ll be better next season. 2-4 weeks left for the seasonal guys like me. Depends on the weather. Grass doesn’t know it isn’t supposed to grow after Oct1st

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #112 on: Oct 04, 2021, 02:03 PM »
 Mist morning at the office.

Too wet to mow. Almost 3” of rain in the past two days. So my Son and I cut cups, blew off greens and tees and did some general sightseeing. It was a perfectly calm morning. Very quiet.

What a great way to spend the morning.

Bartman44

« Reply #113 on: Oct 04, 2021, 03:54 PM »
Looking very lush. The rain must go but it  is the anniversary of the big 1987 10/4 snow/ice storm here in Capitaland so I'll take rain.   

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #114 on: Oct 04, 2021, 05:11 PM »
Yeah, it’s lush for sure. We’re gonna be days behind tomorrow. Doubt we’ll be able to do fairways, approaches or collars. Greens will be ok. They’re all sand base. Tees will be ok. Most are raised. Hope we can mow on Wednesday.
 Couple more weeks and I’ll be off for the winter. Weather looks nice so we’ll keep going till it turns.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #115 on: Oct 06, 2021, 07:12 PM »
Well, the greens have been punched and over sanded for a couple weeks. This morning I mowed greens with the oldest piece of equipment in the fleet. Didn’t want to damage the reels on a $35k mower.  Then I blew off plugs from a few tees my son punched yesterday 

It was different but yet, another piece of mowing equipment I’ve got control of.

Tomorrow I’m grilling up a mess of chicken wings and taking them to the shop for the crew.  Cole slaw, blue cheese, celery and my Son is making a Mac salad.

My way of saying thanks.

Although, we’re probably going for a few more weeks if the weather holds.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #116 on: Oct 18, 2021, 04:33 PM »
Getting down to the end of the season now,

The residents watched as I drove by.

# 12… one of my favorite holes.

Gonna miss the course early in the morning till next April.

But, I have the “little wood shop” to keep me busy for the winter.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #117 on: Oct 18, 2021, 05:25 PM »
Nice.  I still have till the end of December than I have 2 months off and start all over again… :P
 I won’t miss it… ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #118 on: Oct 19, 2021, 06:54 AM »
My Bride said “ maybe you could work at Lowes for the winter.”

That was yesterday and I’m still laughing.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #119 on: Oct 20, 2021, 02:29 PM »
I’m still working. Going in tomorrow to do all the approaches and collars. The club technically shuts down Nov 1. But, the grass is still growing so we’re still mowing. Greens will be treated for winter for snow mold. After that the cups and flags will be pulled and plugged. Greens are off limits after that. They cut temporary cups in the approaches for the die hard golfers.

Still have to pull all the course amenities and store them. Ball cleaners, benches, trash baskets, flags etc.

So we will be mowing till the grass stops growing.

The Super is buying us all dinner tomorrow night at the club pub. Should be fun.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.