FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Isn't Anyone Else Fishing?  (Read 2514 times)

bogtrotter

Isn't Anyone Else Fishing?
« on: Jun 17, 2021, 07:31 PM »
I haven't seen many posts on here the last few weeks.

It's surprising because (a) the MA "Board" has historically had more traffic than those for most other States on MyFishFinder and (b) this is prime time in terms of fishing right now.

Hopefully, the dip in posts will turn around soon so we can avoid having the MA Board turn into a ghost town like the one for (say) MS.

B/T/ W - This Saturday is Free Fishing Day (no license required) in CT.

Dieseldog13

Re: Isn't Anyone Else Fishing?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2021, 09:44 PM »
I like to sit back and read your fishing reports. Always very entertaining. Waiting for your book.
Bass fish usually twice a week in my kayak and carp fish from shore once per week. Not sure my fishing reports would be interesting. Just got into carp fishing and my first one was just over twenty pounds. Unreal fight. I am hooked on them.
The food that I eat while fishing is a fruit bar.....told you, boring.

stripernut

« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2021, 11:13 PM »
Busy getting my house ready to sell and looking for one to buy... Hope to get out on the Q for a few hours Sunday morning...

Ryan51993

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2021, 04:25 AM »
I've only got out once in the past week and a half. Went to a reliable local stream and caught a couple dozen brookies and found some older coke bottles as well as a cascella bottle from three rivers ma. I've been wanting to hit the quabbin but the weather hasn't cooperated on my days off. Last time I went I saw a smallie cruising the shallows that absolutely blew my mind and I want to go back for him. Today I'm going to do some wading either for trout or smallies, haven't decided yet. I'll make a post if I have the time and there's anything worthwhile to write about.

bogtrotter

« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2021, 06:55 AM »
I like to sit back and read your fishing reports. Always very entertaining. Waiting for your book.
Bass fish usually twice a week in my kayak and carp fish from shore once per week. Not sure my fishing reports would be interesting. Just got into carp fishing and my first one was just over twenty pounds. Unreal fight. I am hooked on them.
The food that I eat while fishing is a fruit bar.....told you, boring.

Actually, that's pretty awesome!

I've been trying without success to land a carp at a local spot the last 2-3 years.  They're awfully wary, and the place is so shallow and silty that I haven't been able to figure out how to approach without them spotting me.  When they swim by, they leave a contrail in their wake.

What do you catch when you go for bass - - large mouth (which is all I have in my neck of the woods) or smallies (which I may be making a road trip to target later today)?

As for the meals, mine are about as dull as yours when "open water" fishing.  (It's only ice fishing that features gourmet meals for me).  Just haven't figured out how to tote my "fire bowl" with me while wading local streams.

bogtrotter

« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2021, 06:57 AM »
Busy getting my house ready to sell and looking for one to buy... Hope to get out on the Q for a few hours Sunday morning...

Where are you hoping to move to?

Let us know how your Q trip goes.  (Almost always something worthwhile to catch in there).

bogtrotter

« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2021, 07:03 AM »
I've only got out once in the past week and a half. Went to a reliable local stream and caught a couple dozen brookies and found some older coke bottles as well as a cascella bottle from three rivers ma. I've been wanting to hit the quabbin but the weather hasn't cooperated on my days off. Last time I went I saw a smallie cruising the shallows that absolutely blew my mind and I want to go back for him. Today I'm going to do some wading either for trout or smallies, haven't decided yet. I'll make a post if I have the time and there's anything worthwhile to write about.

I take it "Cascella" is a local soft drink? We don't have it out here in the west end of the State.  What's it taste like - - Coke? Seven Up?

Smallies are great fish to target.  We don't have them in my neck of the woods, but over the last couple years I've been making road trips to the area that I grew up in to catch them.  I'm actually thinking of doing just that today.  (I have the newly minted holiday Juneteenth off)

stripernut

« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2021, 08:42 AM »
The same area got to stay near the grandkids... Selling should not be a problem, it is the buying that is a pain... Last week we put in an offer on a house we liked, $50,000 over asking, no inspection, we would "clean out" and still did not get it...

westernmas

« Reply #8 on: Jun 18, 2021, 12:17 PM »
TBH been busy at work so haven't posted.  I do have a few trips, one to Quabbin and a few days at Cuttyhunk that I need to write up.

Got this rainbow and another one in the high water on Monday.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

manitron

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2021, 02:53 PM »
The same area got to stay near the grandkids... Selling should not be a problem, it is the buying that is a pain... Last week we put in an offer on a house we liked, $50,000 over asking, no inspection, we would "clean out" and still did not get it...

Alan, the market is crazy as you said, my advice is not to jump before finding a desirable landing spot. Good luck

bogtrotter

« Reply #10 on: Jun 18, 2021, 08:11 PM »
TBH been busy at work so haven't posted.  I do have a few trips, one to Quabbin and a few days at Cuttyhunk that I need to write up.
Got this rainbow and another one in the high water on Monday.

Nice bow!  Let us know how your trips go.

lowaccord66

« Reply #11 on: Jun 19, 2021, 07:09 AM »
I think a lot of people gave up posting here Jim. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #12 on: Jun 19, 2021, 09:51 AM »

Give it time...the housing market will soften with rising inflation.  It has by me and we were red hot being 111 mins by train to NYC...80-100k over asking wasn't uncommon.  When we went to look for a larger house a few months ago I gave up for that reason.

ICEHOLE

« Reply #13 on: Jun 20, 2021, 01:37 AM »
New baby, as of 6/14/21.
Won't be hearing a whole lot from me this season.  Couple days before the little girl came I was lucky to get on some good feeds at block Island on my buddies new 23' sailfish
Leave fish to find bigger fiah kinda day. We found some big bass  and lots of jack blues

Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

bogtrotter

« Reply #14 on: Jun 20, 2021, 06:38 AM »
New baby, as of 6/14/21.
Won't be hearing a whole lot from me this season.  Couple days before the little girl came I was lucky to get on some good feeds at block Island on my buddies new 23' sailfish
Leave fish to find bigger fiah kinda day. We found some big bass  and lots of jack blues

Congratulations to the new Pa Pa!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.