FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Feeling Like Fall  (Read 722 times)

westernmas

Feeling Like Fall
« on: Sep 16, 2021, 02:46 PM »
I actually had some more time to fish this weekend.  With the temps starting to feel like fall I had something with teeth on the brain.  I had scoped out a few new sections of the housy the other week and decided Saturday was the day to go exploring.  Unfortunately I couldn't launch where I wanted so we used the trolling motor to go upstream as far as we could and then floated back to the truck.  It was actually pretty nice to get a lay of the land going up and identify fish spots to hit on the way back.  It wasn't exactly a pikey weather day with minimal cloud cover and chocolate milk for water clarity.  We however both managed to avoid being skunked.  I caught mine on the edge of a weed line using a very slow sinking dartspin.  My friend caught a slightly smaller one on a buzzbait that exploded from the water as soon as the lure hit down.  I had a couple follows on the fly rod but we had a ways to get back before dark which was more work than expected when the trolling motor died.

Got up early again Sunday and hit the Chesterfield gorge with the long rod.  I parked my truck at the locked gate and made the 15 minute hike down to Les' pool.  I got a chunky rainbow at the head of the pool, missed another and landed a smaller one in the next pool a ways down stream.  I thought I was following someone's tracks and as I got to the last pool I planned on fishing I saw a father and son who had hiked in before me.  Looks like I was fishing their leftovers but were enough fish to go around.  It was 50 degrees when I got there.  Only 20 more to for some ice!

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Feeling Like Fall
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2021, 03:43 PM »
Awesome, congrats, and thank you for sharing!
Wicked Wec

westernmas

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2021, 03:58 PM »
Thanks Mike.  Should only get better from here.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2021, 05:45 PM »
Love it Pat.  When work calms lets get up to champ again with the long rods.

bogtrotter

« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2021, 08:14 PM »
Sounds like a great weekend!  Congratulations.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.