MyFishFinder By Species > Bullhead

Bullheads by boat or from shore?

<< < (3/3)

Hookset:

--- Quote from: sbfpa_Mike on Mar 16, 2005, 04:03 PM ---some knuckleheads have more time and money than brains. ;D
--- End quote ---

Ouch, well I've been called worse than  knucklehead.  I don't necessarily target bullheads, but I do hook quite a few while catfishing.  They're still fun, albeit not nearly as large as their big cousins.  I fish from my boat.  I anchor with the bow pointing in to the current and fish off of the stern, casting downstream.  As you can imagine, the current of the river keeps the line tight.  I like to cast around structural lines that create a natural pathway for the fish to follow.  I catch many of the bullheads shallower than the cats, but they are mixed in everywhere.  I start fishing just before dusk and go until there is no bait or I am falling asleep.

reubenpa:
I used to think it was crazy to Mike, until I tasted the spring run bulls here in the finger lakes. My wife baked some last spring and I gingerly bit into them as teh last time I had eaten one, I had about thrown it up!!!!!  I took one bite and couldn't get enough of them. They were awesome so I will be targeting them, and I think I will try my little boat this year

Polar:

--- Quote from: reubenpa on Mar 18, 2005, 09:40 AM ---I used to think it was crazy to Mike, until I tasted the spring run bulls here in the finger lakes. My wife baked some last spring and I gingerly bit into them as teh last time I had eaten one, I had about thrown it up!!!!!  I took one bite and couldn't get enough of them. They were awesome so I will be targeting them, and I think I will try my little boat this year

--- End quote ---

Bullheads are great eating. I perfer to fish them from the bank,you could use a boat but I believe it's going to be more of a disadvantage. (keeping lines tight)

Pan Handler:
I've done both. Do all of you guys forget that you can use bobbers to catch wooly bullies as well? I've caught many by fishing for walleyes, or perch, or whatever, with a simple bobber-bait setup. No tight lines needed there. Or else buy a Wolf River Rig, and let it sit on the bottom. Tight lines there, and its possible in a boat. ph.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version