FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 514884 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3495 on: Jun 08, 2020, 06:37 PM »
Well the first batch of mums arrived today.   All 2500.... :P

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3496 on: Jun 09, 2020, 06:16 PM »
Mums the word!
😁

I can't believe the prices of hanging basket plants around here. What was $8 last year is $12 this year.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3497 on: Jun 09, 2020, 06:57 PM »
Yes it is... 8)

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3498 on: Jun 09, 2020, 07:10 PM »
That's a lot of watering.....

Takes me 1/2 hr to water what I've got planted. Can't imagine ....must be all day every day.

Bob
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

seamonkey84

« Reply #3499 on: Jun 09, 2020, 08:42 PM »
Well the first batch of mums arrived today.   All 2500.... :P

Wow, I take it you work at a garden center lol.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3500 on: Jun 10, 2020, 04:30 AM »
That's a lot of watering.....

Takes me 1/2 hr to water what I've got planted. Can't imagine ....must be all day every day.

Bob

Don't worry Bob.  They will all be going on automatic dripper lines..     ;)
 And this is only the beginning of them.....

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3501 on: Jun 10, 2020, 05:07 AM »
Seamonkey here is an arial from about 10 years ago.
The end greenhouse with the three black dots is now twice as long..  This was taken in the fall and you can still see a lot of mums out in the mum field...

[/quote]

seamonkey84

« Reply #3502 on: Jun 10, 2020, 07:35 AM »
Wow, a whole field of mums. so you breed or grow plants out to send to stores and garden centers?
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3503 on: Jun 10, 2020, 10:20 AM »
   Don't worry Bob.  They will all be going on automatic dripper lines..     ;)
 And this is only the beginning of them.....

I forgot about the drippers. It's been really dry around here. But, I don't have to mow every 4 days either👍

Rg

seamonkey84

« Reply #3504 on: Jun 10, 2020, 01:09 PM »
My “polar berry” white blackberry plant is getting shipped! Soon to follow is the Ann’s yellow raspberry. my order of seeds from amazon hasn’t ended so well, own of the two packs of seeds didn’t have any seeds, and haven’t heard back from the seller yet  >:(

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3505 on: Jun 10, 2020, 03:26 PM »
Wow, a whole field of mums. so you breed or grow plants out to send to stores and garden centers?

5 fields of mums..
We grow almost everything from plugs and mostly sell to the public but do wholesale some ...

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3506 on: Jun 10, 2020, 03:30 PM »
I didn't get any pictures because my phone went dead but two young amish girls planted all 2500 mums in 4 1/2 hours..
 Theres another shipment coming monday and 1500 coming on Thursday...
 Will get pictures in the morning..

seamonkey84

« Reply #3507 on: Jun 10, 2020, 03:50 PM »
I didn't get any pictures because my phone went dead but two young amish girls planted all 2500 mums in 4 1/2 hours..
 Theres another shipment coming monday and 1500 coming on Thursday...
 Will get pictures in the morning..
Holy crap that’s some fast workers  ;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3508 on: Jun 11, 2020, 04:31 AM »
The hostas along my front walk are getting  huge..

taxid

« Reply #3509 on: Jun 11, 2020, 05:46 AM »
I had 80 mph winds come through in a thunderstorm yesterday and snapped off some limbs of my tomato plants.  :'(

To show you how strong the wind was this is a homemade steel flagpole.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.