FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518597 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2760 on: Mar 27, 2019, 02:43 AM »
That's indoor production farming Dom. I'm sure it's just the annual routine ( no pun intended). Looks overwhelming to me.

My hot box has been averaging around 55* the past week. I'm gonna start plantsin it  next week. Almost time to turn over the raised beds a bit and work in the composted leaves from last fall. Still thinking about what I'm gonna do for the potato bin. Don't want anything plastic or ugly.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

big_guy_13021

« Reply #2761 on: Mar 28, 2019, 08:28 PM »
Looks like alot of work Dom looks nice though

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2762 on: Mar 29, 2019, 04:01 AM »
Just ordered 4 of these potato bags .

10 gallon with a flap to extract the spuds. 4 for $19. I'm gonna try those and a few plastic tubs if I can find some cheap.

Did some gardening yesterday afternoon. Turned over a bed that the voles had been living in all winter. Tunnels and holes everywhere. They ate all he carrots I tried to winter over. I did them in with traps and baits.

Pulled the plastic mesh and leaves off the garlic bed to find all of the cloves I planted (160 of them) sprouted. I fluffed up the leaves, put them back on the bed and put the plastic mesh over the top of it all to keep the squirrels from digging around in there. Spots in the other raised beds are still frozen.

The hot box is almost ready to go. I buried the rope lights in it yesterday. This morning it's 40 outside and 58 in the soil of the box. I need to add a couple cubic feet of soil the box and plan to plant it next week. Gonna start my pickles, cukes, tomatoes and peppers. I'll plant some spinach in there too . We love our spinach.

Sure was nice to play in the dirt.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2763 on: Mar 29, 2019, 03:58 PM »
Topped off the hot bed today. It was 76 when I got home and 53 outside. I'll be putting down some seed tomorrow I think.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2764 on: Mar 29, 2019, 04:15 PM »
Nice Bob.  Got warm in the greenhouses today once the sun came out..
Couple thousand perennials....

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

icefisher47

« Reply #2765 on: Mar 29, 2019, 04:23 PM »
I miss being able to garden. Hoping to be able to after my surgeries.
Take a kid fishing

icefisher47

« Reply #2766 on: Mar 29, 2019, 04:24 PM »
Just ordered 4 of these potato bags .

10 gallon with a flap to extract the spuds. 4 for $19. I'm gonna try those and a few plastic tubs if I can find some cheap.

Did some gardening yesterday afternoon. Turned over a bed that the voles had been living in all winter. Tunnels and holes everywhere. They ate all he carrots I tried to winter over. I did them in with traps and baits.

Pulled the plastic mesh and leaves off the garlic bed to find all of the cloves I planted (160 of them) sprouted. I fluffed up the leaves, put them back on the bed and put the plastic mesh over the top of it all to keep the squirrels from digging around in there. Spots in the other raised beds are still frozen.

The hot box is almost ready to go. I buried the rope lights in it yesterday. This morning it's 40 outside and 58 in the soil of the box. I need to add a couple cubic feet of soil the box and plan to plant it next week. Gonna start my pickles, cukes, tomatoes and peppers. I'll plant some spinach in there too . We love our spinach.

Sure was nice to play in the dirt.
Rg

Where did you find those potato bags? I’ve never seen them before.
Take a kid fishing

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2767 on: Mar 29, 2019, 05:41 PM »

Good stuff Bob and Dom, I'm almost snow free and ready to start building my raised beds, I'm gonna buy a couple more kits from Runnings, and build some like Bob suggested. Kind of an experiment. The window Toms are thriving, Peppers for whatever reason didn't fare so well? Already have some fresh signs of life from my Strawberries ;D Tons and tons of yard work to do after our build we removed over 100 trees and our yard is basically a gravel bed.... Going to need 70 yards of sand and at least 40 yards of top soil before we can seed...... Gonna be a ton of time spent in the yard  :laugh: :laugh: Sounds like a great summer to me. 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2768 on: Mar 30, 2019, 03:59 PM »
Where did you find those potato bags? I’ve never seen them before.

eBay. 4 for $18.

Got the hot box planted today. Starting seeds for 3 kinds of jalapeños, banana peppers, cayenne peppers, a couple zucchini, 4 varieties of tomatoes, 4 kinds of basil, 4 varieties of pickles, a few rows of radishes and a couple rows of spinach.

Bout seed potatoes from Lowes and returned them this morning. They were rotten. Stopped at tractor supply and picked a couple 5 lb bags for $5 each. They look really good. I'm gonna have to,expand my plans for a potato plot.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2769 on: Apr 01, 2019, 06:30 PM »

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2770 on: Apr 02, 2019, 04:42 AM »
So those first tubers are peonies? Never seen rhubarb sold in containers.

I'm pretty happy with my planter box. 27 outside right now and 61 in the soil. I should be seeing some sprouts in a few days. It's supposed to get near 70 early next week. I'll fill the potato bags and add compost to the raised beds. Not long now.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2771 on: Apr 02, 2019, 05:06 AM »
Yes pee on knees.   ;D
$7.99 in gallon pots for rhubarb and alot of other perennials...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2772 on: Apr 02, 2019, 04:32 PM »
I'll say it again....wish I lived closer.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2773 on: Apr 02, 2019, 06:50 PM »
I'll say it again....wish I lived closer.

Rg
Me too..... But I'm a bit closer, and My Bride get's doted upon by the Dacker Family, so It's high time we made another visit  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2774 on: Apr 02, 2019, 07:03 PM »
Me too..... But I'm a bit closer, and My Bride get's doted upon by the Dacker Family, so It's high time we made another visit  ;D

Good fortune for sure.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.