FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 519209 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2865 on: May 20, 2019, 04:05 PM »
Old Rhubarb plant is about ready. Planted several small ones last year and there coming in good....

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2866 on: May 20, 2019, 04:35 PM »
What a difference a couple hundred miles makes.

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2867 on: May 20, 2019, 04:54 PM »
Yeah that looks awesome Bob....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2868 on: May 21, 2019, 07:28 AM »
Had a nice pick of asparagus and spinach for the Frittata last night. Even some left over for lunch. I also found quite a few new shoots from last season's seed. Curious to see what they do..

Decided to hold off till the weekend to transplant tomatoes, cukes and pickles. Gives them just a bit more time in the trough planter.

Almost done with the new planter box and trellis.

The trellis is 8' tall x 3' wide in the middle. Box is 32" x 15"x 15". Box was constructed from reclaimed pallet materials.

I'm working on a little decoration for the top.

The cardinal climbers and moon flowers  are sprouting nicely in the trough.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2869 on: May 21, 2019, 08:29 AM »
Yes I have made them and they work well..Wrapping in chicken wire works also.....
   I'm hoping to make a run to the waste management recycling center this week and get a couple loads of there's.  I'm raising as many of my beds as I can another 10"

Good to know, thanks.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2870 on: May 21, 2019, 10:38 AM »
Trellis looks sweet Bob....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2871 on: May 21, 2019, 05:07 PM »
Thanks Dom. The topper is almost ready. Can't wait to see it covered in vines.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2872 on: May 21, 2019, 07:57 PM »
Got a new toy to control weeds. 
Wheres  Tool man Tim..  Just ran it over 3 beds and everything wilted and old seeds popped..

And no bending over and no dirty hands.
And I get to play with fire...   ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2873 on: May 22, 2019, 03:01 AM »
Cool tool Dom! My son has one of the big ones. But you have to tote a 20 lb tank around with it. It goes through a 1 lb in minutes.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2874 on: May 22, 2019, 05:48 AM »
Got at your store Bob. With your discount
It should be cheep...  ;D

Tried it last night and you can watch the weeds wilt and hear old seeds popping...
  If you read about raised beds there's 2 things you should never do..
Don't walk on the soil. This compacts the soil and this makes you want to till ..
 Number 2   DON'T TILL.  Tilling brings dormant seeds to the surface.  It also releases the nitrogen in the soil back into the air.  Then we need a good thunderstorm to bring it back down...
 My beds are several years old and I can poke my hand down to the bottom..
 Just add new compost to the top every year...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2875 on: May 22, 2019, 07:47 AM »
Good advice Dom! I'll take a look at work today.
Finished the trellis this morning and planted the Cardinal Climbers.

Looks very balanced to me. Looking forward to seeing it covered in vines.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2876 on: May 22, 2019, 08:14 AM »
Nice..    ;D ;D ;D

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2877 on: May 22, 2019, 09:56 AM »
Yes I have made them and they work well..Wrapping in chicken wire works also.....
   I'm hoping to make a run to the waste management recycling center this week and get a couple loads of there's.  I'm raising as many of my beds as I can another 10"

I have always been afraid to use free town mulch in my raised beds. I guess I could spend the time sifting through it, given i have experience a great deal of debris in it. I just go to old reliable, back in the woods to fill my raised beds

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2878 on: May 22, 2019, 11:51 AM »
I have always been afraid to use free town mulch in my raised beds. I guess I could spend the time sifting through it, given i have experience a great deal of debris in it. I just go to old reliable, back in the woods to fill my raised beds

This is not ground mulch. It's real compost. Has to composted for two years and gets tested before they sell it.  Its 15$ for a bucket load...

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2879 on: May 22, 2019, 12:22 PM »
   This is not ground mulch. It's real compost. Has to composted for two years and gets tested before they sell it.  Its 15$ for a bucket load...

50 gallon bucket load???

I am assuming 5 gallons...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.