FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 518531 times)

Mac Attack

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3390 on: May 20, 2020, 05:45 PM »
Went to HD and got a new grill for the lake.
Also a couple of 15A double pole circuit breakers.

Donna and I both noticed that most of the plants there looked really sad.  Some dead.
They are outside in the garden area so they have been getting rain.  Maybe the cold nights???

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3391 on: May 21, 2020, 02:23 AM »
Probably that last series of night time freezes. It killed some of my early asparagus and damaged the Bleeding Heart . But both seem to be coming back OK.

After all that gardening and a wee dram of bourbon, I crashed out on the couch about 7:00 last night. Woke up at 11 and went to bed. Now it's 3:22 am and I'm wide awake.  :-\

Forgot to mention that when I was at Lowes yesterday, there wasn't a veritable plant in sight. All sold out. Never seen that happen in the 10 years I've been shopping there. Glad I buy seed and start my own.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #3392 on: May 21, 2020, 07:57 AM »
Probably that last series of night time freezes. It killed some of my early asparagus and damaged the Bleeding Heart . But both seem to be coming back OK.

After all that gardening and a wee dram of bourbon, I crashed out on the couch about 7:00 last night. Woke up at 11 and went to bed. Now it's 3:22 am and I'm wide awake.  :-\

Forgot to mention that when I was at Lowes yesterday, there wasn't a veritable plant in sight. All sold out. Never seen that happen in the 10 years I've been shopping there. Glad I buy seed and start my own.

Rg

There was tons of plants at HD.  Tons.
And a large portion of them looked terrible.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3393 on: May 21, 2020, 05:29 PM »
Probably mis handled during the freezes.

Potatoes are sprouting..seedlings are happy...all the flowers are planted.....mowed AGAIN!!!! Trimmed etc. hate this time of year for mowing. Stuff sure is geowing.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #3394 on: May 21, 2020, 06:01 PM »
i havent even tilled garden yet,work been crazy on roads ,overtime and next week starting saturdays probably ,good thing though i guess!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3395 on: May 21, 2020, 07:36 PM »
Strange visitor to our lilac bush today. Jo Jo wanted some tree time.
Gave him some chicken wing bones for a snack. Yup...he's a little carnivore! Loves meat as a snack.

I made him a little play area in our lilac bush. He loves being a bird.

I have a fountain for the birds to use and he loves to dive in for a bath.

After which he needs a good dry. So I wrap a towel around  his perch rope and he spends the next  30 minutes getting dry.

He's my next door neighbor's little buddy. We were bird sitting today while he was doing some remodeling. JoJo is very special to us.

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3396 on: May 21, 2020, 09:30 PM »
Got the raised beds ready for planting tomorrow. Fresh compost and topsoil. It’s a wonderful time of year, garden by day, walleye fish by night!

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #3397 on: May 21, 2020, 09:43 PM »

My wife's friend wanted to try and grow peanuts.  I'm pretty sure they won't produce but I think it's a neat little project.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3398 on: May 22, 2020, 09:20 AM »
I did some peanuts in a container one year. We got some out of it.

My herbs are starting to sprout in the Trough planter. Picked up 2 tomato plants this morning that I didn't have seed for . A "Mr. Stripy" and a "Better Boy" hybrid. The mammoth sunflowers are sprouting as well. This weeks weather should make them all very happy.

Rg

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #3399 on: May 22, 2020, 12:38 PM »
Garden is in! Tomatoes, green bell peppers, onions, carrots, string beans, corn, zucchini, butternut squash, cucumbers and potatoes. Still have a bunch of flowers to plant though...
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3400 on: May 23, 2020, 08:40 AM »
Taters poked through. Stuff in the planter is growing up fast. Herbs are sprouting. Probably transplant most of it to the gardens this week. Then I can grow some radishes and spinach in the planter.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3401 on: May 23, 2020, 09:08 AM »
Moms coming over to spend the afternoon prepping the garden with me! She's bored and I get free labor 😜

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3402 on: May 23, 2020, 05:00 PM »
Go MOM!
Great time spent Ed.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3403 on: May 23, 2020, 06:08 PM »
Go MOM!
Great time spent Ed.

Rg
all she required for payment was a burger on the Weber, and a bloody mary. Fair trade I'd say.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #3404 on: May 23, 2020, 10:16 PM »
all she required for payment was a burger on the Weber, and a bloody mary. Fair trade I'd say.
sounds like a great mom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.