FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Chautauqua shore fishing???  (Read 2290 times)

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
Chautauqua shore fishing???
« on: Apr 27, 2006, 09:38 AM »
I will be at Chautauqua for the opening weekend of Walleye. Will be staying on the Institute grounds. Unfortunately I won't have the boat with me and will be working during the day on Fri., Sat., and Sun. I will have some time free at night and am wondering about casting for walleye from shore. Anyone know if this can be productive on Chautauqua and where I might be able to get to the water and give it a try? I'm not sure if you are allowed to fish on the Institute's grounds.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
Re: Chautauqua shore fishing???
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2006, 01:21 PM »
Long point should be do able, gets deep quick watch the wading.
Also if ya can get on across at dewittville near where the ferry launches from, ice fished there and its about 10 feet dep for a while kinda like a mud flat.

Real treat is drfiting the weedline anywhere on the lake with warnharnesses in the green flavor.
Internet heros give it a rest!

JerryofWNY

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2006, 09:31 AM »
Slipbob & Buckski, Thanks for the tips. Now you're getting me pumped. I won't have a lot of time to fish, but it would be criminal to be there and not wet a line. Will try casting for an hour or 2 after dark.

"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

JerryofWNY

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2006, 11:21 AM »
  There is a pretty good drop off there so be careful with the waders.

Thanks Dwayne. I don't know those waters at all, so if I'm gonna step in I'm gonna make sure I'm wearing a life vest .

JerryofWNY

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 06:34 PM »
Fished Fri night - midnight till 1:00 and sat 9:30 till 10:30. Not much time to put in, but was beat after 12 hour workdays. Fri night caught 2 shorties (16") casting a Bagly stick bait with rattle from the beach in front of the Bell Tower. Also hooked a bigger fish but lost it after about 15 seconds. Sat caught one shortie (again 16"). Thanks for the tips, guys, I had fun.

jdjyoung

• Get em while you can
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 07:05 PM »
 Some places to consider are;
   Lakewood  Yact Club,  Lakewood public beach, Cheney's Point, Long Pt. , Chaut. Inst.,  Stow by the Ferry,
Greenhurst, Bemus Pt. , Maple Springs ( Broadway St.) and Midway. If you've got a map, you should be able to find these places and be able to get out off shore. Forgot to mention the YMCA Summer camp up in Dewitville.

I usually do pretty good on Yo-Zuri's, jointed Rapalas and Storm stick bait. Unfortunately, the last couple years have been terrible spring casting off shore. Good luck and please comment on your success.

Thanks,

JD
I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day of work anytime!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.