FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mom is a better angler...  (Read 1813 times)

taxid

Mom is a better angler...
« on: Aug 08, 2019, 10:39 PM »
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

Re: Mom is a better angler...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2019, 01:14 PM »
I had a great aunt in Ft. Wayne Indiana that was a fishing fool. She was buried with her fishing pole.

But yeah pretty rare. But our culture doesn't promote them going fishing when they are young for the most part.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

zwiggles

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2019, 01:35 PM »
I had a great aunt in Ft. Wayne that was a fishing fool. She was buried with her fishing pole.

But year pretty rare. But our culture doesn't promote them going fishing when they are young for the most part.

My good friends grandmother used to be a musky slayer! This was back in the day when you ate what you caught, and her cabin was adorned with their skulls.

She used to get them to the boat and then shoot them with her pistol! Said one of them tipped her finger open real good and ruined one of her dresses by cutting her with its teeth, and she said wouldn’t make that mistake again.

I guess she used to leave in the middle of making dinner once her fish finder (barometer) said it was the right time to go fishing leaving her husband to finish making dinner for her, haha

tomturkey

« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2019, 05:57 AM »
I have a picture of my dads sister standing beside her 30's car. She has hip boots on, a creel on her hip and a fly rod in her hand. Sadly I never was able to trout fish with her. I am sure she would have taught me a lot about fishing.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2019, 09:34 AM »
very true!  how many on the bass trails?  I tried with my nieces.  they all cut their teeth on hundreds of huge chummed up carp as youngsters.  they had a blast back then but rarely do it these days.  I tried. lol  I had an aunt also that was a fishin addict.  it used to be more common I think.  I have my great grandpa and grandmas fishing licenses from 1943.(found them in some old sports afield mags in their attic.   did you know there were male and female licenses back then!

Male and female fishing licenses? That's crazy!

caught_the_fever

« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2019, 11:55 AM »
My maternal grandfather was a huge outdoorsman so I grew up with a mother who appreciated her time on the water.  She was the best source for me to get a crayfish to land the biggest bass of the trip.  My significant other also thoroughly enjoys fishing and during our annual river runs used to outfish every other guy on the trip.   After we had our son, she hasn't been on the trip but she did introduce our boy to his first trout.  Pretty excited about landing some more fish as a family.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.