FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!  (Read 157450 times)

filetandrelease

Re: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!
« Reply #810 on: Jul 27, 2020, 07:43 AM »

They look good

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #811 on: Jul 27, 2020, 07:49 AM »
I might have to do some chicken tonight.That looks very tasty. I have a recipe for Fireman’s  Chicken BBQ  sauce that I haven’t made in ages. Love that lemon vinegar flavor. Have some left over salt potatoes from yesterday too. Even have a couple tomatoes that are ready to pick.......finally.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #812 on: Jul 27, 2020, 08:21 AM »
Thanks for the kind words. Was a great cooking weekend for sure.

RG, I think I need to dabble with a homemade sauce. I use Chiavetta sauce which is vinegar based but I am liking the idea of having lemon in it. Perhaps I will just add some to the Chiavetta’s to start and begin brainstorming a homemade recipe...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #813 on: Jul 27, 2020, 12:14 PM »
Go from scratch.

It’s marinating now.
Lemon juice, cider vinegar, lemon pepper, herbs from the garden....lemon basil, 2 kinds of sage, parsley , rosemary and about a half a bottle of Heineken.

After I put the chicken on the grill I’ll put the marinade in the blender with some olive oil and baste the chicken with it as it roasts. It will get a good splash of Frank’s  Red hot When its near done. Makes a nice crust and adds some zing. Sometimes I’ll strain some marinade and inject it into the chicken.

Geese...I’m making myself hungry.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #814 on: Jul 27, 2020, 12:20 PM »
Go from scratch.

It’s marinating now.
Lemon juice, cider vinegar, lemon pepper, herbs from the garden....lemon basil, 2 kinds of sage, parsley , rosemary and about a half a bottle of Heineken.

After I put the chicken on the grill I’ll put the marinade in the blender with some olive oil and baste the chicken with it as it roasts. It will get a good splash of Frank’s  Red hot When its near done. Makes a nice crust and adds some zing. Sometimes I’ll strain some marinade and inject it into the chicken.

Geese...I’m making myself hungry.

Rg

Sounds good, enjoy!

I always reserve the Chiavetta’s sauce and baste nearly the entire cook. Then throw them over the coals to crisp the skins and burn off any remaining sauce that the raw chicken sat in

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #815 on: Jul 27, 2020, 05:28 PM »
Yup...pretty darned good.

Side of garden tomatoes and cuke with a malt vinaigrette , onion, garlic and black opal basil flowers.

Buuurp!

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #816 on: Jul 27, 2020, 05:52 PM »
Looks like a tasty meal RG!

After w great weekend of cooking fun meals, I’m making hamburger helper for the princess and her cousin...

filetandrelease

« Reply #817 on: Jul 27, 2020, 06:09 PM »
Looks like a tasty meal RG!

After w great weekend of cooking fun meals, I’m making hamburger helper for the princess and her cousin...
Sure does
 BLTs with fresh tomato and greens tonight

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #818 on: Aug 01, 2020, 06:21 PM »
Another easy night of grilling chicken

Noodle salad with cheddar cheese and tomatoes from the garden

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #819 on: Mar 20, 2021, 08:17 AM »
It’s SPRING! Let the grilling begin👍👍 ( not that I ever stopped grilling)

Wings are marinating in the fridge. Gonna BBQ them later.

Mmmmmmmm!
Rg

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #820 on: Mar 20, 2021, 08:38 AM »
Awesome! Yeah, I grill all year. Only charcoal for me, don’t own a propane grill.
I’m doing boneless chicken breast soaked in cilantro lime marinade from Wegmans.
Just remembered I’m out of Charcoal...off to  Lowe’s for the double Kingsford bags, I guess.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #821 on: Mar 20, 2021, 09:01 AM »
I stock up on memorial and Labor Day. They always put it on a half price sale. Still have 3 or 4 bags on hand. Only propane I have is my Cuisinart 360 griddle. Love that griddle.

Was seriously considering a pellet grill, but, they all have problems one way or the other. Too much technology to fool around with.

I bought my Weber Platinum Performer 9 years ago when I first retired. It has the propane assist to light the charcoal. I’ve replaced the grates once and the ash scraper things in the bottom once. Other than cleaning the spiders out of the propane tube a couple times it’s still like new.

Rg

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #822 on: Mar 20, 2021, 09:10 AM »
Yes, I usually stock up memorial, 4th of July and Labor Day...can’t seem to ever get enough at Labor Day to make it through the winter. May just buy a pallet and get it over with...I bought 10 double packs last Labor Day and I ran out on Wednesday.... :'(

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #823 on: Mar 20, 2021, 09:12 AM »
Problem is storing all that Charcoal

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #824 on: Mar 20, 2021, 09:24 AM »
( not that I ever stopped grilling)

Guilty here as well. Not sure how I’d survive winter without grilling once a week.

But I don’t make noodle or potato salads in the winter, although I did make noodle salad for the princess a week ago when the princess was in isolation.

Salad season is fast approaching!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.