FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...  (Read 339817 times)

fishforfun

Re: SALMON RIVER 2015 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD
« Reply #75 on: Apr 13, 2015, 08:14 PM »
No because one I know cleaned up his act and I respect him now for that and all he does and if you have a problem with that I am so sorry for you.

kevinmaine3

« Reply #76 on: Apr 14, 2015, 06:32 AM »
I've been going down from Maine for a while now to fish th S.R.,  I won't be making the trip anymore. After last year I'm done with it. It's a compete sh!t show on the river. Drunk people yelling all day, garbage floating g down the river, trucks being broke into, campers being broke into..not for me..sorry. Its my vacation to go down and fish, but that's not peacefull.  I'll save the grand I spend every year and the 10hr drive and head to northern maine for brook trout.. I had fun catching big fish down there, but when your playing by the rules and you look around and see everyone ripping hooks through the water and hooking up, makes you want to join the snaggers..
      I have never seen fishing crouds like that before I fished there. And I get it, lots of fish, lots of people. Before I fished the S.R. if I had ever gone to a spot and there was someone already there I'd go to another place, I never fished within sight of another fisherman.

The last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it....

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #77 on: Apr 14, 2015, 06:47 AM »
No because one I know cleaned up his act and I respect him now for that and all he does and if you have a problem with that I am so sorry for you.

now  reason I asked you to name  him  ,you made some  strong comments  a man that asasults a 12 year old  boy  pushes him out of the way while 8  of  his  friends  watch   ?  and   you  and  his  father did  nothing ????  I  think  youre telling  a  story here  sorry  I  have  never seen  anything like that  and  if I seen a  child  assaulted  I assure  you  someone would   be  going to  jail
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

fishforfun

« Reply #78 on: Apr 14, 2015, 07:31 AM »
Well yes I did do something and stood up for the young man that is why they tried to fight with me. I do not make up stories about drunks and if you have a problem with that I am sorry. All I have seen from your post on here is threats and trying to blame out of town and out of state people for the problem. I only live 15 min. from there and will not fish there anymore do to what goes on there, the locals think they own the place. I spent one day cleaning up Trout Brook area with one of the land owners years back only to have it trashed the next morning so I understand what goes on there but do not only blame out of towners as they are not the only problem there. I fished next to a guy from there only to see him leave trash and not think nothing of it. yes I knew him from one of the businesses I ran in town so I knew he was a local. If you have a problem with the truth or me I am sorry for you. Yes I have meet many great people there and enjoyed fishing with them but the few that cause problems have made that place not worth my time. yes I pay taxes and buy my lic. but spend my time fishing in places that I can enjoy my self, I would rather fish for sunnies and enjoy it than fish there and put up with the crap that goes on there.

dimebrite

« Reply #79 on: Apr 14, 2015, 09:36 AM »
When I was 10 I was pushed out of a spot by some hooligans that were bouncing cannon balls off of fish's heads at the tail of the black. But later that day I fell in and my father and another stranger saved me. There's good and bad people out there no matter where they come from. Two years ago I gave some younger adults some lip while fighting a monster king with my son. We starting going up with the fish and These punks jumped right down in our spot. With about 200 yards of open bank on the side we were fishing I felt completely justified to let them know how I felt. They stepped right on out with no words back. The crowds are tough no doubt. And I'm noticing a pretty strong movement of people throwing in the towel for the salmon river.  Steelhead is what kept me in it but that is near salmon crowds at times too. So i don't blame anyone for not wanting to fish it anymore.  But its people in general, not any "type" of person... The more people that share a resource/activity, the more likely there will be an a-hole who ruins it... And on a side note, the trash is etrocious... There should be 1000 dollar minimum fines for anyone who litters... Bottom line!!!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #80 on: Apr 14, 2015, 09:53 AM »
And I'm noticing a pretty strong movement of people throwing in the towel for the salmon river. 

unfortunately yes, this is true.   I can only get a few of my friends to go anymore.   Just had this exact conversation with a former SR diehard last night, he's thrown in the towel and straight up given up on the SR.

monic20

« Reply #81 on: Apr 14, 2015, 10:16 AM »
I'm not giving up on the sr ...I've cleaned , stocked ,planted trees and fished it so much I won't ever give up on her .. But I will say I'm done with her for now I've got other places I will be for the next 2 weeks .. The fish are exhausted from this winters cold and thiamine problem also the fly zones absolutely hammered those fish to exhaustion and left a terrible taste in my mouth there should not be a fly zone only !!! And I will do my best to have it opened for all or close that stretch and let those fish spawn in piece !!!

fishforfun

« Reply #82 on: Apr 14, 2015, 02:09 PM »
For your info I have had the pleasure of fishing next to snagger when I was steel head fishing and he took the time out to show me what I was doing wrong an it helped me a lot he showed the true meaning of sportsmanship. Point is it is not just out of area fisherman but locals to and until people see this and stop blaming just one group it will not change. I try to say hi to everyone I see when I am out fishing and when possible talk to them and help them if needed or pick there brains to learn more when possible. The salmon river now reminds me of the old snagging days when leaded hooks were thrown at you. The only difference now is when the snagging season closed most of the problems went home and you could fish without conflict. Now it is everyday problems as you read on here all the time.

trapper2000

« Reply #83 on: Apr 14, 2015, 02:12 PM »
"your  right and  your  wrong  you are  welcome  to fish the  spot but  you are  a  quest  you are  on our  state  land  using our  state  esaements fishing  for  fish we  stocked  on a  river we clean ..... I want you  fishing next to me  and  you do have   every right too  but  when I go to PA to hunt or  fish I say thank you and  keep in mind I am a quest in that state"

sorry pal  don't look like i blamed anyone   i did  say  show some respect  and manors ....... and  i  am tired  of the language  the trash  and  PA  plates  in handicapped  areas  and  healthy people  jumping in ........and again if a child was assaulted why wasn't the law called ....and if you don't want to name  someone just  insinuate then why  did  you even  bring it up .....

and  with over  50 years of  fishing salmon river i  still have  never  gotten in a  fight ...you people  need  to learn how  to  get along lol

filetandrelease

« Reply #84 on: Apr 14, 2015, 02:17 PM »
OH!  BOY!  No peace around these boards!  :-\

That's the truth Phil ,, doesn't seem to be as much fun the last couple of years ,do you think the percentage rule is in affect ?

fishforfun

« Reply #85 on: Apr 14, 2015, 02:36 PM »
Trapp I think we are both saying the same thing but in different ways. I agree with you about the crap that goes on but it is not just PA guys, that is all I was trying to get across. and as for calling the police back then cell phones just came out and I did not have one and by he time I got to my truck they were no where to be found. For parking in a handicap spot I am with you 100% as as of this past year I am now handicapped do to spine damage so I take that matter to heart even though I try not to use a handicap spot unless I have to and for the language I understand where your coming from but hear it on other water ways to. This is a sign of no respect as a lot of times kids are around. and for being a guest we all are unless we own the land and we should respect it whether state owned or not, that is why I helped the land owner clean up the property as it was not his mess but my fellow sportsman's.

trapper2000

« Reply #86 on: Apr 14, 2015, 02:51 PM »
fish  i  think  so  .... i think  99 %  of  the  problems  then  and  today  are  lack of ethics and  respect    and  ethics  isn't that  trout unlimited  C&R  crap  ...ethics  is  doing the  right thing !  and yup  some  people that  live  here  are  pigs  too  ...difference  now  days  is  a lot fewer  locales  fishing the  river  and  the  problems  start  with  the  sept  season  .....i  don't  care  if  you snag a  salmon  ...i  hope ya  get a  bunch i really  do  .....  just   show  respect to the  people that live  here  ..... and  i'm  serious  i had  a  guy  from  jersey  park  in  the  wheelchair area  of  handicap parking and  when i  said  something he  said  well i  drove  8 hours  i needed a  licsence......  well  my  wife  needed  to  get her  medicine  ..... that's  not all fisherman   and  that's  not  ALL NON RESIDANCE  , but it leaves a  bad  image  of all ......walking  on linare  park in  Oswego  drunk   and  beers  in hand    screaming  profanity ....  i have  my  4  year  old  grand  son  walking  with me ..... leaves a  bad  impression ....and  it's  a  black  eye  for  all sportsman i use  to  say  bullhead  fisherman  were  the  dirtest  fisherman in the  world  ...nope  it's  salmon  fisherman ...and  your  out of  state  licence  doesn't cover  it  my  Oswego land  taxes  does  in  Oswego it's a  city  park!.....  guess  fish  we  are  on the  same page  of  music  we  want all  fisherman to  act  with  some  respect  and  to  at least try to be  human  beings ......even salmon  fisherman

fishforfun

« Reply #87 on: Apr 14, 2015, 02:53 PM »
And just for info I only had 30 yrs of fishing there .

trapper2000

« Reply #88 on: Apr 14, 2015, 02:57 PM »
i  was  fishing  salmon  river  before  salmon ...was a  great  trout  stream  back  when i was  a  youngster  always a  good  small  mouth  stream......

fishforfun

« Reply #89 on: Apr 14, 2015, 03:00 PM »
We seam to be on the same page and I live in new york only 15 min. for the river. But I understand your frustration and that is why I do not fish there any more, and yes I see the same thing at Oswego and Oneida all the time. Loved the smallies back in the days would go up in the summer just to have fun with them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.