FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...  (Read 339990 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: SALMON RIVER 2015 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD
« Reply #90 on: Apr 14, 2015, 03:05 PM »
shhhhhhhhhhhhh we still do  ;D we got room for ya you know
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

fishforfun

« Reply #91 on: Apr 14, 2015, 03:08 PM »
Would love to but physically unable to do it now a days. Maybe some day in the future.

dimebrite

« Reply #92 on: Apr 14, 2015, 03:21 PM »
Walked out back on Sunday after the river went up and it was beautiful to see no one down there...not as beautiful as 185 cfs late June though ;)

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #93 on: Apr 14, 2015, 04:06 PM »
That's the truth Phil ,, doesn't seem to be as much fun the last couple of years ,do you think the percentage rule is in affect ?

:rotflol: :rotflol: :w00t: :unsure: :blink: :angel:
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

trapper2000

« Reply #94 on: Apr 14, 2015, 04:23 PM »
Would love to but physically unable to do it now a days. Maybe some day in the future.

you got it   man

Clint S

« Reply #95 on: Apr 14, 2015, 08:07 PM »
Lots of true words spoken here. I too have seen locals that were real buttholes, and they treat out of staters bad. There should be no entitlement for anyone.    By the numbers though,  if 90% of the people on the river are not ''locals'' ,  90% of the buttholes are not going to be ''locals''.  It's just how it is.

Fish Farmer

« Reply #96 on: Apr 16, 2015, 11:58 AM »
I used to fish the SR back in the mid 90's to around 2005, mostly for steelhead in November and December. I heard I was fishing during the lean years. The first time I fished it in 1995 we stayed at the Last Cast and you could set your watch by the morning runs of steel and folks were catching lakers in the LFZ. I fished it once in mid October for salmon and that was probably the last time I would ever do that, too crowded and too much blatant snagging of everything. The buddy I fished with started fishing back in the 80's and said the behavior then was bad.

I never had much of any attitudes from anyone in the years I fished it except from a fellow fly fisher. I happened to be fishing the Bovines and landed a steelhead, roped him, left him in the water to stay fresh/alive. This was the only fish I have ever taken home. I fished for maybe an hour longer and had to get on the road. I was carting my still alive fish up the steep bank and once up top, he came over and started asking me with a very bad tone why the fish was still alive, etc, etc. Basically harassing me. I hadn't had the time to find a big stick to knock it on it's head.  I even met the infamous Pat Mahoney down in the Bovines and he was nice enough to tell what they were biting on and gave me a few flies when he saw me again down there.

I would probably fish it again, I know several fly fisherman from Vermont that go there all the time. When the are gone, the spots around here free up :D

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #97 on: Apr 16, 2015, 04:00 PM »
Its funny, I never ever got crap from the locals, but I've had a few incidents with Jersey pursits, and this one time in Orwell a group of big dudes from CT strong armed us out of the hole we were fishing since first light...when they weren't looking someone might have peed in their coffee cups.   Brown trout tribs are WAY WAY worse though.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #98 on: Apr 16, 2015, 05:43 PM »
Lots of discussion here. Anyone catching fish ???
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

neilc

« Reply #99 on: Apr 16, 2015, 06:42 PM »
and this one time in Orwell a group of big dudes from CT strong armed us out of the hole we were fishing since first light...

awh, hey,
don't drag us into this mess now,

trapper2000

« Reply #100 on: Apr 16, 2015, 08:00 PM »
gee  this one got strong armed  out of a fishing spot  someone  got  yelled at  for a fish live on a  rope  ....=))  not the most manly bunch are yas   :w00t:

dimebrite

« Reply #101 on: Apr 16, 2015, 08:46 PM »
Too funny trap...lol!!! Some folks just don't think the argument is worth the Hassel I think.  I always keep my fish alive. Even manage to do so in august. I always get a kick out of the heart still beating once its fileted :D. As for strong armed out of a spot, a stream side brawl is not worth anything to some folks.

monic20

« Reply #102 on: Apr 18, 2015, 06:58 PM »
Lots of discussion here. Anyone catching fish ???
Rg

Yes lots of fish Friday and then a big 0-3 today....🐟🐟🐟🎣🎣🎣

filetandrelease

« Reply #103 on: Apr 18, 2015, 11:11 PM »

A good buddy of mine said there were some tickets handed out in the last few days , for all kinds of things , plus a few warnings

trapper2000

« Reply #104 on: Apr 19, 2015, 04:59 AM »
crappies are loaded in the sportsmen hole ...... :whistling:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.