FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...  (Read 339701 times)

dimebrite

Re: SALMON RIVER 2015 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD
« Reply #105 on: Apr 19, 2015, 10:26 AM »
A good buddy of mine said there were some tickets handed out in the last few days , for all kinds of things , plus a few warnings

If the violations are legitimate that is great news! All this talk of fishing might make me have to cross the northern county line for a poke or two :)

filetandrelease

« Reply #106 on: Apr 19, 2015, 10:34 AM »
If the violations are legitimate that is great news! All this talk of fishing might make me have to cross the northern county line for a poke or two :)
The person that gave me the Info is solid

dimebrite

« Reply #107 on: Apr 19, 2015, 01:32 PM »
The person that gave me the Info is solid

Good deal!! Wasn't doubting you Freddy, was referring to the severity of the violations.  I'm sure this current weekend and next are their last round up for tickets being issued on the river. Hope we get some moderate rain to keep the level higher than 750 for next weekend

filetandrelease

« Reply #108 on: Apr 19, 2015, 04:38 PM »
Haven't seen any pics Lately , so go-get-m dime bright

dimebrite

« Reply #109 on: Apr 19, 2015, 10:21 PM »
Missed the chance, rain coming will probably mess it back up. Couldn't resist this dry weather for getting stuff done outside though. River is blowing right now. Barely anyone fishing this afternoon

bigal409

« Reply #110 on: Apr 20, 2015, 10:17 AM »
River flow reports river at 3500. That can't be good ( or safe) for fishing ??? ???

timdog

« Reply #111 on: Apr 21, 2015, 08:03 AM »
gee  this one got strong armed  out of a fishing spot  someone  got  yelled at  for a fish live on a  rope  ....=))  not the most manly bunch are yas   :w00t:

...Sounds like the time i got told by Malindas 80 year old "boyfriend" That he wasnt going to talk to me any more because i kept steelhead :cookoo:  Made it a point the next time i fished, to keep a 10 pound Female  cause i needed eggs.  :thumbup_smilie:

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #112 on: Apr 21, 2015, 08:27 PM »

read 4 pages of comments, theres no locals versus imports or fish heads, that's what the locals still call me after 22 yrs of living here, no locals fish the river, locals fished native trout, ponds, bullhead fish, or bass, in 22 yrs of living here, I know very few locals who fish salmon or steel, were all from out of town.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #113 on: Apr 21, 2015, 08:33 PM »

I been fishing steelhead last 2 weeks in high water, everyone I've fished near or talked too has been nice and friendly, sounds like a low water thing or everyone is just blowing things out of proportion too me.  peak salmon weekends and a few peak steelhead weekends it gets crowded but over all rivers been pretty nice last 6 months, I've had a great time, guess its how you look at life, glass half full or glass half empty.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #114 on: Apr 21, 2015, 08:37 PM »
Trap, fished the zone since it opened. In my opinion its uglier than ever. But maybe that's just my mind playing tricks on me. Ya know, when chuck and duck first came about (it was not called that back in the day) it was an honest attempt to catch winter steelhead.  This slash and thrash tactic up in the zone is pretty gross though. But yes, it is a put and take fishery. You are 100% right. This is the first year I've ever seen the hatchery closed to the public, and the most dead steelhead I've ever seen and heard of. I just hope that "we" haven't gone past our means and "taken" too much from what's been "put"...

simple answer too that, everyone switched two 2 handed fly rods whether switch rods or spey, both extreme line ripping for next cast on both rods, anything is in its way.... its getting hooked.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #115 on: Apr 21, 2015, 09:01 PM »

Last week drove up north and took some northern light shots.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #116 on: Apr 21, 2015, 09:03 PM »

Even got one in Altmar.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #117 on: Apr 21, 2015, 09:11 PM »

took a few shots of steelhead as well last week or so.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

monic20

« Reply #118 on: Apr 21, 2015, 09:16 PM »
Good reads snag!! I called you other day it was a bonanza for a day ! On another note I watched fly zones for a hour after a good eat in Altmar and like  he and I  said anything in the lines way gets hooked !! I watched fish just sit there holding in some slower water and a Spey guy just flossed the whole pool till it got to the fish I was watching and guess what folks there mouths didn't open for the offering !!! But fish on at the end of his drift cmon! How many fish are gonna get ripped an flossed over and over !?  But them some people say how many fish are gonna get caught elsewhere over and over? Every one nows the fish up there are on gravel and majority of fish stage there  and winter there in the zones !! Close that nuts or open it to the rest of us  cause that's not fishing anymore up there everyone has adapted there fly technique to snatch not catch fish now rant over ..bring on the debates I'm listening  :P :w00t: :w00t:

monic20

« Reply #119 on: Apr 21, 2015, 09:17 PM »
Sweet pics snag!!!!!lots of fish up in raceway nice to see other day

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.