FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...  (Read 340269 times)

jeffmac85

Re: SALMON RIVER 2015 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD
« Reply #300 on: Sep 12, 2015, 07:23 PM »
Oh I did not know that.  I just assumed their land ended just downstream from the black hole by the signs but I was never 100% sure.  We did fish from that side 4 or 5 times in the last 2 or 3 years and usually had done well there.  We were never approached by Douglaston officials, a few years back someone fishing next to us told us that the woods behind the river were privately owned but that as long as we were in the river we were OK.  Again, he could have been just passing along hearsay (sp?).  Just figured I'd pass along what I heard as of this year.  I'd hate to see anyone get a ticket but it seems like they just were asked to leave, but I'm sure if it gets to be a problem it will be more strictly enforced

fishslayer730

« Reply #301 on: Sep 12, 2015, 08:42 PM »
finally make it up to fish today and caught my first salmon this yr this morning!!!!

big_guy_13021

« Reply #302 on: Sep 12, 2015, 10:18 PM »
Nice salmon  buddy..I haven't been up yet I will b soon .and where you been hiding haven't seen u around all summer.. I typed up some weapons fee up there and Oswego my buddy got some nice eyes up the river yesterday I mite take a trip up Tuesday.I sent ya pm also.

filetandrelease

« Reply #303 on: Sep 13, 2015, 07:22 AM »

Jeff if no one  complains or you don't see any posters just keep fishing

Nice salmon that's one of the nicer runs on the river , good job

dimebrite

« Reply #304 on: Sep 13, 2015, 08:46 AM »
Yeah they've owned up that back side since I can remember. Guys have been sliding in to coho run since I can remember as well from coho street. They do enforce but it is sporadic since its a far stretch away from any of their head quarters. Some of the guides lock up in there and will call the office if they see someone without a pass though.

rakerdave

« Reply #305 on: Sep 13, 2015, 09:29 AM »
They had control  of that run for a while  by leasing  it . Now I think they own it

fishinfred

« Reply #306 on: Sep 13, 2015, 01:53 PM »
Drove up this morning and didn't see a fish.  Very few people fishing, heard about a couple caught at ballpark but that was it.  Looked over the bridges at RT3, at 2a and Pineville and didn't see a fish.  This is the latest I have seen it without fish with such perfect fishing conditions.  Looks like this year is going to be another bad one...

riot609

• best time to fish when its rainin & when it aint!
« Reply #307 on: Sep 14, 2015, 06:59 AM »
fished from first light yesterday till close to noon from staircase to just past the bridge didn't see a fish...

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #308 on: Sep 14, 2015, 07:05 AM »
Doesn't matter...............I ate all the d**n fish.

8)

Mac

:clapping: :rotflol:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

sjord89

« Reply #309 on: Sep 14, 2015, 11:15 AM »
finally make it up to fish today and caught my first salmon this yr this morning!!!!

congrats! i saw you land that, i was just down stream from you in the white tank top. that was the only living fish i saw all day

Ravo_Himself

« Reply #310 on: Sep 15, 2015, 07:08 PM »
You guys are getting me excited with these early run salmon. I'll be up the first of October. Can't be long now before we start seeing a push from the lake
Every fisherman is a liar. Except for me of course!

-Ryan-

choo choo

« Reply #311 on: Sep 15, 2015, 08:18 PM »
quite a few salmon moved into the estuary yesterday and this evening.... 8) 8)
I'm fishing my way through life .

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #312 on: Sep 16, 2015, 12:51 AM »
Got the Fillet station up and running today, It was too hot too cut inside til now...after cleaning some salmon I ran out for an hour, I hooked 5, some really nice battles and good jumps with the cooler water... seen quite a few on stringers in one spot that I fished in Pulaski, some quick fun, had a good time..So far its been much better than last season, but I'd still expect an over all poor season due too another hard winter when its all said and done and the first hard steelhead season since before 2007, that will sting, we have been spoiled when it comes too them..

Few from today from guys here.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #313 on: Sep 16, 2015, 01:25 AM »
Is dawn gone??? Yankee fly tackle looked dark closed down..

she fled new York state in march, shes running from the law I heard.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #314 on: Sep 16, 2015, 01:27 AM »

nice salmon fishslayer, much better action today then past week, it got better as day went on, tomorrow should be best day of the year.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.