FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...  (Read 339935 times)

choo choo

Re: SALMON RIVER 2015 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD
« Reply #315 on: Sep 16, 2015, 02:24 PM »
Is dawn gone??? Yankee fly tackle looked dark closed down..
There might be a new owner soon....if the deal goes through. There is a  sign in the window which says "sale pending".
 (I hope the new owners scrape the paint off of "her rock", lol)
I'm fishing my way through life .

fishslayer730

« Reply #316 on: Sep 16, 2015, 07:04 PM »
where you been hiding haven't seen u around all summer..
been hiding on my boat behind 2500 watts of hps lights with a bow n arrow in hand  8) didn't do much rod fishing this summer only went for cats few times

thanks all on the pic :thumbup_smilie:

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #317 on: Sep 17, 2015, 04:26 PM »
been hiding on my boat behind 2500 watts of hps lights with a bow n arrow in hand  8) didn't do much rod fishing this summer only went for cats few times

thanks all on the pic :thumbup_smilie:
Truxton eh, I camp for a week in Cuyler every opening week of gun  ;D

choo choo

« Reply #318 on: Sep 18, 2015, 07:26 AM »
and the first hard steelhead season since before 2007, that will sting, we have been spoiled when it comes too them..

Man I hope the you are wrong Shane, but I have a bad feeling about the steelhead numbers too.
We will have a better idea next month how many steel head were lost last fall, winter and this spring from the vitamin B /  thiamin issues, gill lice, combined with brutal, tough weather patterns.
They are normally hard to find out in the big lake, but they were really hard to find this year out there.

T

fishinfred

« Reply #319 on: Sep 20, 2015, 04:05 PM »
I fished for four hours yesterday and drove around looking for fish today.  Saw one salmon on a rope and caught two browns and thirty or so fallfish.  Glad for the browns, but there weren't a lot of salmon around. 

choo choo

« Reply #320 on: Sep 21, 2015, 05:31 AM »
 I stopped to watch the action in Pulaski and upriver a few times the last 2 days and saw lot's of hookups at the staircase, both bridges, ball park and clam shed.
Kings , coho's ,a few steel & browns, chubs and a smallie. Didn't see much action way upriver.

OVERTHELIMIT

« Reply #321 on: Sep 21, 2015, 11:24 AM »
Summer offshore steelhead fishing was poor on the west end to, really slow compared to years past.

filetandrelease

« Reply #322 on: Sep 21, 2015, 04:21 PM »

Well today I and KP stopped at 3 spots on the river , short bridge , ball park and the clam shed , talked to 2 guys that floated from 2a to the ball park , they had 3 nice kings , and they said they launched at 5:30 am , saw a mid sized steelhead lost at the short bridge , and 1 foul hooked king at the clam shed by a fly fishermen which he pulled off when he noticed it wasn't in the chops , ,then it was off to get work done at home , Im sure things will pick up

dimebrite

« Reply #323 on: Sep 21, 2015, 04:42 PM »
 Im sure it will pick up filet... And id venture to say dome guys on the river had a decrnt morning. I went 1 for 7 on saturday morning. Really cant complain about that. Too many peopke expect fish to be splashing at their feet when they fish the river. Folks just have to forget about the hype and just go fishing. Remember when there was no internet??? People came to fish whether the water was high or low... Cold or hot... To fish... Because that's fishing... This isn't football, its a common pass time sport thrived from inner passion. Just go fishing everyone :)

filetandrelease

« Reply #324 on: Sep 21, 2015, 05:11 PM »
Yes sir that's how I look at it also , go fishing have fun , but it's the Internet way these days but some do drive long distances to fish and I do understand about increasing ones odds , we go places ice fishing regardless of the reports , just 2 weeks ago even with very low water conditions coach
And I went stream trout fishing managed to catch a meal , it was tough but fun , I too can remember the days before Internet and cell phones

fishinfred

« Reply #325 on: Sep 21, 2015, 05:22 PM »
I'm sorry, I am not just talking about fishing in less than prime conditions.  I have fished here since 1983, lived on Lake ST for five years and Syracuse for ten.  I once fished 306 days in a calendar year.  I have never seen the fishing as bad as it has been this year or last.  I am worried about the fishery.  I agree that these fish are worth going through a 7 fish day at a good spot in the third week of September, I just have never seen it this bad.  I didn't see a swimming salmon in the last two weekends (both days) in the estuary or from any of the bridges or this year.  I realize that if I fished the clam shed or one of the more popular fishing spots I might have seen a few or caught up with the pod that's going through, but I think we have problems with the fishery....

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #326 on: Sep 21, 2015, 08:56 PM »
Salmon numbers seem down some but not as bad as last year.  Also the fish seem to be a couple weeks behind.  They are still being caught out in the lake on good numbers.  Be patient.  They will come. 

dimebrite

« Reply #327 on: Sep 21, 2015, 09:57 PM »
Fishinfred please don't think I was targeting you. Was just blowing off steam :)

filetandrelease

« Reply #328 on: Sep 22, 2015, 06:24 AM »
im sure it will pick up , I don't get to excited I have seen many runs since the beginning that came later , my whole life I've never lived more than 5 min from the river , well doesn't everyone like the easy button , no matter what type of fish it is  ;) it is what it is so enjoy what we get , good luck to all

choo choo

« Reply #329 on: Sep 22, 2015, 07:33 AM »
I went looking for an early steelhead last evening up river a ways....no good. But I had plenty of elbow room!

(want to add that I was watching the action at the key travel and holding spots at each location I mentioned this past weekend, with some guy's having good hook up numbers,.... seems the action was slower overall at less prime locations, according to  most others observations)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.