FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...  (Read 339950 times)

Peacefrog

Re: SALMON RIVER 2015 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD
« Reply #345 on: Sep 23, 2015, 05:52 PM »
Hi guys newbie here, just thought I'd thro it out there that last year myself and a few people I know had tires slashed and Windows broke up north :-[ just thought I'd let people know. It really messed up our weekend.

filetandrelease

« Reply #346 on: Sep 23, 2015, 06:03 PM »
No matter where you go there are bad people , and it is sad , I and a few buds have lost things over the years  
Welcome peace frog

Ravo_Himself

« Reply #347 on: Sep 23, 2015, 06:07 PM »
Hi guys newbie here, just thought I'd thro it out there that last year myself and a few people I know had tires slashed and Windows broke up north :-[ just thought I'd let people know. It really messed up our weekend.

Sadly this has been a problem the past year or two. I also make 4 hour drive up from ct so we bring everything we need with us. Really try to leave everything of value back at camp or really hide it out of sight. We've been lucky so far. Try to park in clear view of the main road wherever possible
Every fisherman is a liar. Except for me of course!

-Ryan-

Peacefrog

« Reply #348 on: Sep 23, 2015, 06:17 PM »
We were lucky that nothing was lost except for a little bit of time and money, believe me we won't be going back up there again!!! The people up there were just plain rude and nasty. I just don't see the need for a two hander on those little spots.

bigal409

« Reply #349 on: Sep 24, 2015, 07:23 AM »

So caught or kept a grand slam ?
He never keeps his fish. All were released. Only fished for a half day at that.  ;D ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #350 on: Sep 24, 2015, 07:57 AM »
He never keeps his fish. All were released. Only fished for a half day at that.  ;D ;D
That's great , so he caught all 5 species , that's great I haven't seen a laker caught in a trib in a long time , , I only did it once and that was back in the early 80s fishing with dick strike some of you old timers might know him

bigal409

« Reply #351 on: Sep 24, 2015, 08:16 AM »
That's great , so he caught all 5 species , that's great I haven't seen a laker caught in a trib in a long time , , I only did it once and that was back in the early 80s fishing with dick strike some of you old timers might know him
grand slam is 4 different fish . No lakers

filetandrelease

« Reply #352 on: Sep 24, 2015, 08:51 AM »

grand slam is 4 different fish . No lakers
, we always called the grand slam with a laker , , back in the day you could keep 5 fish , if one wished to keep any , omg I'm starting to show my age  :o

tree-on

« Reply #353 on: Sep 24, 2015, 01:24 PM »
I remember one year in the early 90's that a bunch of lakers came up the river. Season for them was closed but I saw some go out in backpacks.
And what type of SR thead is this, no one is accusing everyone of snagging fish ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #354 on: Sep 24, 2015, 03:25 PM »
Tree on , Didn't realize anyone accused anyone of snagging , I did report I did see a fly fishermen pulled  a salmon off due to being foul hooked was all which was better than fighting the fish to total exhaustion , that was only one of 2 fish I and KP saw hooked while we were spectating in 3 different spots on the river , the other was a med sized steelhead a guy hooked on a egg bag it was a screamer and a jumper , and broke the poor fellow off

choo choo

« Reply #355 on: Sep 24, 2015, 04:41 PM »
I remember one year in the early 90's that a bunch of lakers came up the river.
I saw a half a dozen caught and a bunch more come up in the early 90's also tree...I landed one nice laker that day about 12 lbs or so at the lower(little) black hole, below the island before that stretch was off limits by DSR posting....my one and only laker I have ever caught in the salmon river.
I'm fishing my way through life .

choo choo

« Reply #356 on: Sep 24, 2015, 04:51 PM »
How about a super slam....or grand slam and a half...lol.....

King, Coho, Steelhead, Brown , Laker, Atlantic

I fished next to a friend Mark on the Oak Orchard years back around mid/ late October...He Landed Kings, Coho, steelhead, Browns (a king-coho hybrid) KingHo and a bonus( also his first ever)  Atlantic and also a 6 lb. walleye....but no laker that day.

filetandrelease

« Reply #357 on: Sep 24, 2015, 05:04 PM »
Steve that's awesome

choo choo

« Reply #358 on: Sep 24, 2015, 05:26 PM »
Steve that's awesome
It was an amazing day Fred...Mark lived right on the Oak, and we would go down in the dark with flashlights, claim our spots, wait for sunrise then fish all day til dark. I did get a picture of the Atlantic that day and the walleye...very memorable day. BTW he caught all those fish on 1 pattern fly that day.

Eastciderida

« Reply #359 on: Sep 24, 2015, 09:08 PM »
Going to bring my fly rod up this year. Right now I only have backing on the reel my question is do I put a fly line on or just spool it up with mono?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.