FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...  (Read 340233 times)

Pliskin1

Re: SALMON RIVER 2015 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD
« Reply #420 on: Oct 05, 2015, 10:16 AM »
Great fish!  Congrats to your pops!

perchgypsy

« Reply #421 on: Oct 05, 2015, 11:14 AM »
I'm just wondering are these fish Mai ly released or are
 They eaten ?

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #422 on: Oct 05, 2015, 12:30 PM »
I'm just wondering are these fish Mai ly released or are
 They eaten ?
Maybe, if you see them on a rope = dinner.  :P
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

fishslayer730

« Reply #423 on: Oct 05, 2015, 09:31 PM »
Maybe, if you see them on a rope = dinner.  :P

or in a bucket = smoker  :thumbup_smilie:

I was up both days over the weekend and landed 2 sat.(thos above) and played with a few others. on sunday
 landed one and hooked only few again...did see better numbers of fish just not tons... was a good time on the river  :clapping:

the one on sunday

KingPerch

« Reply #424 on: Oct 07, 2015, 08:17 PM »
Good job slayer! 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #425 on: Oct 10, 2015, 11:49 AM »
hmmmmm not many post in here
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

fishinfred

« Reply #426 on: Oct 10, 2015, 04:34 PM »
Fished today and saw some fish for a change.  Thousands of people though, don't think I have ever seen this many.  No fish to speak of in the estuary, but a few fish wherever I went.  Not a tenth of the number you would expect for Columbus day, but a few to catch.  All the fish are dark though, like they
 stayed out longer than usual before running...

KingPerch

« Reply #427 on: Oct 10, 2015, 07:28 PM »
hmmmmm not many post in here
gotta look for the crowds Trap.....that seems to be where the fish are parked. I fished for a few hours today. Saw very few fish where I was.😯 there running a bit late again this year. They'll come.....

greenhornet73

« Reply #428 on: Oct 11, 2015, 02:37 PM »
Thankfully that wasn't the case this morning.  I had a 200 yard stretch of the estuary to myself this morning and went 1 for 2 with a 35" King.  Of course after a boat saw me towing the fish behind my kayak I had 4 boats congregate around me so I headed in around 10.  Not a lot of fish around but was a nice morning of fishing.

fishinfred

« Reply #429 on: Oct 11, 2015, 03:48 PM »
There was nothing in the estuary next to the RT 3 bridge, today or yesterday when I looked.  Never saw a year like this where there weren't a large group of fish there.  I think they must be shooting right up.  I have stopped there 10-12 times since Labor day weekend and only seen fish once...

greenhornet73

« Reply #430 on: Oct 11, 2015, 05:46 PM »
Wow that's crazy.  A guy fishing with his son today told me the hole I was fishing had fish boiling all over the place last night.  They must have shot right up into Douglaston during the night.  I saw a bunch of fish jumping today here and there and 1 that acted like a bronco because it was trying to shake a lamprey off the entire morning.  It was getting some serious air.  Would have been great if they stuck around a little longer.

bigal409

« Reply #431 on: Oct 13, 2015, 10:08 AM »
Anyone know what's with all the No Parking signs that appeared in the last few weeks at Ellis Cove? The state lot doesn't have enough parking spaces for all the cars that go there. Now if the lot is full you either have the option of paying $5 to park at the house across the street or fish elsewhere. Seeing that I only had a couple hours I refused to pay up so opted to go fish somewhere else. The state should consider opening up another lot in that area.  :-\ :-\

KingPerch

« Reply #432 on: Oct 13, 2015, 10:24 AM »
Sounds like the land owners might have put some signs up for willing to pay customers. The lot was full on Sunday, all day when my son and I took a trip up that way.

bigal409

« Reply #433 on: Oct 13, 2015, 01:06 PM »
Sounds like the land owners might have put some signs up for willing to pay customers. The lot was full on Sunday, all day when my son and I took a trip up that way.
Those signs were all up both sides of the road for several hundred yards. Wondering if the state put them up. Talked to a guy who was up 3 weeks ago and he said the signs weren't there when he was there. The state has some real nice size parking lots for other holes and seem to be enough parking  for everyone in those areas. Ellis Cove gets way to many people to have such a small lot.  :-\ :-\

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #434 on: Oct 13, 2015, 05:02 PM »
Weird , I always thought the no parking signs were there, and hell i been going up there almost weekly(during the runs) for 20+ years.. Shows how much i pay attention...   ;D
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.