FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...  (Read 340027 times)

roonster227

Re: SALMON RIVER 2015 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD
« Reply #495 on: Dec 12, 2015, 04:46 PM »
Yeah its too bad.  Hands down this used to be the best thread on MFF.

fishinfred

« Reply #496 on: Dec 12, 2015, 04:52 PM »
Agreed.  It gets tiresome looking at it everyday and seeing nothing...

Mac Attack

« Reply #497 on: Dec 12, 2015, 05:37 PM »
This help a little bit?

pieman1998

« Reply #498 on: Dec 12, 2015, 06:16 PM »
1 5 lb brown for me today  the only hit allday

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #499 on: Dec 12, 2015, 06:30 PM »
Yeah its too bad.  Hands down this used to be the best thread on MFF.

Agreed.  It gets tiresome looking at it everyday and seeing nothing...

You guys could always contribute something...     ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mac Attack

« Reply #500 on: Dec 12, 2015, 07:12 PM »

You guys could always contribute something...     ;D

:thumbup_smilie:

fishinfred

« Reply #501 on: Dec 13, 2015, 11:51 AM »
Good point on the lack of posts.  Problem is the fishing I have seen has been awful.  In my last three trips I was skunked twice.  I caught fish in one not to be named creek a week ago when there was some water.  Over all in thirty three years of heavy fishing here this is the worst year I have seen...

jeffmac85

« Reply #502 on: Dec 13, 2015, 12:14 PM »
We've been doing ok out our way near Buffalo, granted it's not like last year and nowhere near 2 years ago but if you put you're time in and don't get stuck in a rut of using strictly one presentation/offering you will catch fish.  Just not huge numbers like the last couple years, but there's fish around.  Has definitely been a strange year though.   We will be going up to the river next Sunday and Monday, I'll be sure to report how we do, hopefully we get into a couple.  Although they've been few and far between, the size of the fish from this year up there seems to be on the larger size which is a plus in my book.  Everyone likes 20+ fish days but I'd be just as happy with one hog ;)

bigal409

« Reply #503 on: Dec 14, 2015, 05:37 AM »
My buddy and his brother went up Sunday. My buddy landed 8 and his brother landed 7. They were in lower fly area. Out fished everyone else around them. It's all in the presentation. ;D ;D ;D

jeffmac85

« Reply #504 on: Dec 14, 2015, 08:32 AM »
Unfortunately no fly zones for me.  Die hard float fisherman here, plus I've fly fished once in my entire life.  That was 3 years ago up there during the salmon run, and a fly rod with mono and a couple split shot and an egg sacs just doesn't qualify as even fly fishing to me.   We will be fishing from Altmar down on Monday in the boat.  Wade fishing Sunday but haven't decided whereabouts we'll start.   If anybody has any suggestions feel free to pm me if you don't want to post anything publicly.   I'll report back how we do Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.  Maybe we can actually bring this thread back to life

neilc

« Reply #505 on: Dec 14, 2015, 07:13 PM »
So where is Snagger ?
he ok ?

KingPerch

« Reply #506 on: Dec 14, 2015, 07:28 PM »
Shane is fine! I fished with him last Thursday and talked to him today. I fished yesterday on the river and had a few hookups. Shane reported to me today that the river has been a bit slow for this time of year. Raining good here now....maybe that will help fire them up!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #507 on: Dec 14, 2015, 07:37 PM »
Shane is fine! I fished with him last Thursday and talked to him today. I fished yesterday on the river and had a few hookups. Shane reported to me today that the river has been a bit slow for this time of year. Raining good here now....maybe that will help fire them up!
We're you the one with him crankbaiting for coho

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #508 on: Dec 14, 2015, 09:31 PM »
We're you the one with him crankbaiting for coho
:w00t:
Nice job findin em

challenger

« Reply #509 on: Dec 15, 2015, 10:36 PM »
I had the privilege of getting on some private skeeter land on Columbus Day weekend when the run was happening for my first ever salmon river experience and I was hooked. Standing in the river with salmon slamming into my waders was something that any fisherman would relish. Got my first king with the help of some guides that were there that day. Ive hit the tribs in Orwell numerous times since then and just to be up there in salmon country is relaxing to me.  If I spot a fish I'm happy because it takes so much commitment to catch one let alone land one. It's like hunting and I'm fortunate to have some friends that have some experience and lead me to the fish. We truly are lucky to have such a prime special situation like the salmon river provides us in our own backyard. If the steelhead pick up please share because I'm still trying to land one on my own, without the help of a guide. #cornfield #shortenedworkdaysontheriver #pulaskiisaspecialplace

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.