FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...  (Read 340162 times)

Chowdaire

Re: SALMON RIVER 2015 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD
« Reply #510 on: Dec 16, 2015, 08:40 AM »
I hit the river for the first time last Saturday. Spent 7 hours in 2 spots and saw 4 steelies hooked with two of them landed (plus one in the lower fly zone as I was crossing the bridge). I hooked one 18-20" trout for the entire day.

Tons of guys out but very few fish. We're not going to get ice for a while though so I'll give it another go. I had fun with the salmon this fall (not in Salmon River), gotta get hooked up with a steelie now.

Knot there yet

« Reply #511 on: Dec 16, 2015, 12:02 PM »
On my way this weekend plan on fishing Friday and Saturday home for Sunday. Hope come rain brings them in. 

KingPerch

« Reply #512 on: Dec 16, 2015, 02:16 PM »
We're you the one with him crankbaiting for coho
:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #513 on: Dec 16, 2015, 09:29 PM »

Sorry about the lack of posts, but once the main season hit, I was busy and my wi fi in my house gets overloaded and I can't upload photos very fast so at end of the night i'm tired and just go too bed, with a tougher than normal season worked twice as hard as normal, had too fight for every dollar this year.  I stopped posting about steelhead 2 yrs ago even on facebook, just crowds up the river for my guests staying here.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #514 on: Dec 17, 2015, 03:40 PM »
There's no steelhead

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #515 on: Dec 17, 2015, 03:51 PM »
There's no steelhead

Just the one you got..   ::)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishshack

« Reply #516 on: Dec 17, 2015, 04:39 PM »
I've been up a few times in the last couple of weeks. 10 times tougher than its been the past few years. Definitely less crowded even with the warm weather

SNAGGER

« Reply #517 on: Dec 17, 2015, 10:46 PM »
I've been up a few times in the last couple of weeks. 10 times tougher than its been the past few years. Definitely less crowded even with the warm weather

I made a prediction this summer on facebook and at my lodge that this would be the worst steelhead run in 7 yrs, and it has been, its like it was 10-15 yrs ago, more work involved but guys here are doing ok, cleaned a lot today.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

filetandrelease

« Reply #518 on: Dec 19, 2015, 07:08 AM »

Great pic snag and a nice steelie

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #519 on: Dec 19, 2015, 07:39 AM »
great fish,and nice photo,thanks for sharing
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Knot there yet

« Reply #520 on: Dec 22, 2015, 06:02 PM »
Went Thursday blue sky's beautiful day. Hooked 3 landed none. Saw a lot of fish hooked very few landed. Woke up Friday to 9" of lake effect snow. Flow was 700-900 cfs Thursday then Friday 1820cfs wow. Nothing no hookups,saw a small fish snagged at boat ramp all day. White out conditions all day high water an another foot of snow while fishing Friday.
 They seamed to drop back (down River)to catch what's washed down River by increased flow.
I could hear thunder its was Boulders rolling down River under the water. Very dangerous if it lands on your feet. Called it quits @2pm. Probably the most dangerous condition I've ever fished in on Friday.  
 I'll be back though!      

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #521 on: Dec 22, 2015, 08:17 PM »
That's pretty wild with those boulders washing down stream! Crazy
Nice job findin em

SNAGGER

« Reply #522 on: Dec 22, 2015, 09:35 PM »
Went Thursday blue sky's beautiful day. Hooked 3 landed none. Saw a lot of fish hooked very few landed. Woke up Friday to 9" of lake effect snow. Flow was 700-900 cfs Thursday then Friday 1820cfs wow. Nothing no hookups,saw a small fish snagged at boat ramp all day. White out conditions all day high water an another foot of snow while fishing Friday.
 They seamed to drop back (down River)to catch what's washed down River by increased flow.
I could hear thunder its was Boulders rolling down River under the water. Very dangerous if it lands on your feet. Called it quits @2pm. Probably the most dangerous condition I've ever fished in on Friday.  
 I'll be back though!      

my buddy went 12 for 21 during that storm, 1500cfs is a great level. I hit the River sunday morning, 7-9am I went 4 for 7, great long battles, seen another 10 hooked.  fished next too chowdair. fun morning. higher yet right now, 2350 at Pineville, snows melting, flood threat is high.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #523 on: Dec 22, 2015, 09:42 PM »

Few salmon shots from main season.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #524 on: Dec 22, 2015, 09:45 PM »

Took a chance sunday night and drove over too the Redfield Reservoir, right as I pulled in the skies opened up and even with a moon so bright you could read a newspaper, the G3 solar storm said make way Upstate New York I'm coming in
 . Best I've ever witnessed, it was incredible too watch with my naked eyes, wiggled across the sky like a snake, lasted about 15 minutes and was gone. crazy.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.