FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...  (Read 340526 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: SALMON RIVER 2015-2016 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD
« Reply #630 on: Mar 21, 2016, 01:40 PM »
then why did  salmon river have  the  worse  run in years  this  fall while  Oswego and  ever  trib  rock????

news too me oz sucked so did genny and sandies.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #631 on: Mar 21, 2016, 01:41 PM »

hatchery got there fish, that was whole point of this conversation if you understood what I was writing duh.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #632 on: Mar 21, 2016, 01:42 PM »
Trap, They have been stocking landlocks above impassable barriers forever in champlain watershed...THEY DO make it to the lake.

The herring in the hudson every single year find ways WAY up the mohawk past literally a dozen dams, and their fry somehow find their way back down...and the cycle repeats

Eat your words Trap, your wrong.  ;D

SNAGGER

« Reply #633 on: Mar 21, 2016, 01:43 PM »

steelhead are stocked below fernwood dam he doesn't know what hes talkin about big red.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #634 on: Mar 21, 2016, 01:44 PM »
sorry  snagger you attacked  me !  look at my post I said  you  had a  very interesting point I made  one and  you   pulled this ..... I'm not  one  of your  worshippers  I  say what I think............  no matter  how  much of a  temper tantrum you have  the  fish  prove  me  right  these  things  run  every  trib  including  discharges   for   atomic plants and   steam stations  ....  and  these  fish were  running   ALL the  tribs  before   the  barge  took fish out ....  they return to any  flow  to spawn  
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

SNAGGER

« Reply #635 on: Mar 21, 2016, 01:45 PM »
sorry  snagger you attacked  me !  look at my post I said  you  had a  very interesting point I made  one and  you   pulled this ..... I'm not  one  of your  worshippers  I  say what I think............  no matter  how  much of a  temper tantrum you have  the  fish  prove  me  right  these  things  run  every  trib  including  discharges   for   atomic plants and   steam stations  ....  and  these  fish were  running   ALL the  tribs  before   the  barge  took fish out ....  they return to any  flow  to spawn  

no temper tantrum I'm laughing actually, its pretty funny stuff.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

trapper2000

« Reply #636 on: Mar 21, 2016, 01:47 PM »
Trap, They have been stocking landlocks above impassable barriers forever in champlain watershed...THEY DO make it to the lake.

The herring in the hudson every single year find ways WAY up the mohawk past literally a dozen dams, and their fry somehow find their way back down...and the cycle repeats

Eat your words Trap, your wrong.  ;D
[/quot

the  difference  is  the  Mohawk  has  locks  the  fish can  go threw ...

and  again the  point was  this  SALMON AND STEELHEAD  DO NOT  GO BACK TO THE PLACE THEY WERE JUST STOCKED  THEY ARE IN FACT RUNNING EVERY  TRIB IN LAKE ONTARIO

SNAGGER

« Reply #637 on: Mar 21, 2016, 01:48 PM »

ok trapper tell dec too stop stocking then if it doesn't matter.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #638 on: Mar 21, 2016, 01:50 PM »

create a trappers salmon river page so the more informed have something better too read then.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

trapper2000

« Reply #639 on: Mar 21, 2016, 01:51 PM »
snagger  your  stuck on  stocking that was  never the  point  and  I want to stay on target .... since  day one   salmon and  steelhead  have  run  every  trib  not a  few  but in great  numbers  ...now you never  told  us  why  with  all the  direct stocking   salmon river  had  why  was it  the worse  year  for returning  fish  while  Oswego and  all the  tribs   rocked ????

now  I should  drag  you out and  show  you black  creek wine  creek and  rice  and  actually show  you  where they are  stocked

trapper2000

« Reply #640 on: Mar 21, 2016, 01:55 PM »
excuse  me  snagger  I  don't think you own this  although you do play it  for  free advertisement rather well ....now you  don't like  another opinion that's  fine  however  come  sept  every  trib on lake  Ontario  is  still going to be  filled  with salmon and  steelhead  .....see those  fish  don't listen to you any more then I do

SNAGGER

« Reply #641 on: Mar 21, 2016, 01:55 PM »
snagger  your  stuck on  stocking that was  never the  point  and  I want to stay on target .... since  day one   salmon and  steelhead  have  run  every  trib  not a  few  but in great  numbers  ...now you never  told  us  why  with  all the  direct stocking   salmon river  had  why  was it  the worse  year  for returning  fish  while  Oswego and  all the  tribs   rocked ????

now  I should  drag  you out and  show  you black  creek wine  creek and  rice  and  actually show  you  where they are  stocked

why the run sucked could be in part because fish don't hold in other areas of the river like they used too when stocking was spread out, now fish move in,  2 days later there in the hatchery or lower fly zone, I brought this up at a dec meeting.  in old days they stocked in various places now just beaver dam brook, so the run we had, whether it was great fair or bad, it all ran straight too the hatchery or water just below beaver dam brook.  do you understand now?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

trapper2000

« Reply #642 on: Mar 21, 2016, 01:57 PM »

create a trappers salmon river page so the more informed have something better too read then.

now  how  does this  make  since ????  I never said  I  believe  natural reproduction   occurred  to where  it even  helped the  population  ...I said  the  fish  run every  trib  on lake  Ontario and  you blew a  gasket 

SNAGGER

« Reply #643 on: Mar 21, 2016, 01:58 PM »

I've never advertised,  I was asked too come back, I don't need this thread and yes it is my thread I don't own MFF but I do control this threads information, good or bad. my names on it
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

trapper2000

« Reply #644 on: Mar 21, 2016, 01:59 PM »
why was the  run so good  in Oswego  they  drop the  fish in the  lake  there .... 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.