FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...  (Read 339814 times)

SKUNK-MASTER

Re: SALMON RIVER 2015-2016 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD
« Reply #675 on: Mar 22, 2016, 07:08 AM »
no way pistachios suck you guys are wrong!!!!!!!!!      ;D ;D :rotflol: :evil: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

coachwarner

« Reply #676 on: Mar 22, 2016, 07:47 AM »
COPD - Chronic Obstructive Posting Disease
:w00t: :nono: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #677 on: Mar 22, 2016, 07:53 AM »
COPD - Chronic Obstructive Posting Disease

2 post and your judgeing people? really how much useful info have you shared
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #678 on: Mar 22, 2016, 08:14 AM »
I actually like your poke fun attitude most of the time trapper......gives me a giggle sometimes, but maybe sometimes it just drags out a little too long?

I would say that no matter how many posts you have.....copd  is nothing to joke about........lost my mom to it way to early!!

lets all play nice and keep the threads going strong so that MFF and IS continue to be a GREAT resource for us.

I actually still have never actually caught a steelhead, but love this thread anyways......I have buddies in the bay that drive down quite often(I am still the SKUNK-MASTER  ;D ::)

Would love to hook up with you Trapper....maybe for some pannies or stream trout, I pass everything I can on to my 5 yr old boy, but nothing like old school knowledge that can only be given after...say 30 40 50 years!

UglyStik

« Reply #679 on: Mar 22, 2016, 10:08 AM »
Is it possible that back in the day, some of the volunteer stocking help maybe snuck some into the smaller tribs and these have established?

As far as walking on water, wouldn't ice fishing count?  :D :D :D

I hope all fishing picks up soon so the squabbles can stop.

Peace!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #680 on: Mar 22, 2016, 10:44 AM »
yep but i am thinkin not anymore.......hope i am wrong

no I'm the same fishin weather nerd I've always been, guess I'm out of practice at dealing with non stop contradictions, sorry just it takes a lot of time and effort too keep this thread going like I used too, I put my heart and soul into it for nothing in return, just didn't want it too go in the toilet like the Oneida ice shanty thread did this winter, sorry I let my blood pressure get elevated skunk master...  although I don't know what fish in sage creek have too do with the hatchery I'm sorry too hear you got copd trap that's what big don had, sorry too hear that.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #681 on: Mar 22, 2016, 11:05 AM »
no sweat....I ramp up pretty fast sometimes too!   :cursing: :cursing:

really just dont want to lose anybody that actually "gives" to the site....even if they are on completely different sides of the conversation........good healthy debate is where new ideas come from........something every fisherperson could certainly use.

also you know most people come off a little different in person( thats probably bad for me  ;D ::) ) but I would like to meet a bunch of you on the bank or the water( hard or soft) and decide for myself.

NYDeerslayer

« Reply #682 on: Mar 22, 2016, 11:24 AM »
2 post and your judgeing people? really how much useful info have you shared
Funny, the biggest judgmental pr*** on here complaining about someone judging.

SNAGGER

« Reply #683 on: Mar 22, 2016, 11:52 AM »
no sweat....I ramp up pretty fast sometimes too!   :cursing: :cursing:

really just dont want to lose anybody that actually "gives" to the site....even if they are on completely different sides of the conversation........good healthy debate is where new ideas come from........something every fisherperson could certainly use.

also you know most people come off a little different in person( thats probably bad for me  ;D ::) ) but I would like to meet a bunch of you on the bank or the water( hard or soft) and decide for myself.

I disciplined myself too not take pictures of steelhead 2 yrs ago when the problems began showing up, but fishin has been pretty reasonable last 3 days, I been fishin every day for a couple hours, lots spawning and I been able too get 2-3 hook ups on floats even though its been pretty cold.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

chrony59

« Reply #684 on: Mar 22, 2016, 12:20 PM »
Be on your guard
Stand firm in the faith
Be courageous
Be strong
Do everything in love
you guys should try to live by these words ........................just sayin  ;D

choo choo

« Reply #685 on: Mar 22, 2016, 12:31 PM »
   I disciplined myself too not take pictures of steelhead 2 yrs ago when the problems began showing up, but fishin has been pretty reasonable last 3 days, I been fishin every day for a couple hours, lots spawning and I been able too get 2-3 hook ups on floats even though its been pretty cold.
Good job Snag... After 2 days of zero ,I finally hooked up and had some fun with 1 Sunday after the river lowered.... but it was still a little off colored and coooold. I talked with a good local guide and client at the A Hotel Sunday night and he had his best day in well over a month :5 hooked and 3 landed.

BTW, great job yesterday showing and proving your points.... I bailed out of yesterdays "discussion" , when I saw the way the posts were going....not going to get into it with anybody that uses  general observations, draws personal conclusions and opinions then declares it as fact over solid biological and scientific data from the last 30 plus years on this fishery.
I'm fishing my way through life .

Mrp2000

« Reply #686 on: Mar 22, 2016, 12:31 PM »
I managed 2 yesterday and a couple little browns fishing with a friend that came up. My friend brought up a good point not having the the ability to get up to the river a lot. I caught myself calling it an off day and he was excited it was a great day. I think we have been spoiled for  a few years with great runs. Then the die off and some problems with the alewife there is probably definitely lower numbers or weaker runs. But I have noticed it everywhere I have fished. Oswego and some creeks have definitely not had the runs of past years to me. But monkeys are always easier to shoot in a barrel is my take. I like these threads too it gets opinions out and others take on some situations. I don't post a lot but hopefully it doesn't turn into and ice shanty here.

SNAGGER

« Reply #687 on: Mar 22, 2016, 12:36 PM »

Another thing too remember about this spring season is there was 2 big runs in the creeks this winter, some spawned in january and already left the creeks, had guys 2 fridays ago hit them really well in the cricks in the high water, some got harvested, some probably dropped out already. There was also a very unusual weather event in early february where it went from mid 50's with tons of steel in the tribs to minus 34 degrees where the cricks flash froze, if some died in that event, the spring flood we had 2 weeks ago would of washed away any evidence. So we may be calling it spring, but theres been non stop fish coming and going all winter, so its hard too judge, like in a normal season, what we really got.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

wallyworld

« Reply #688 on: Mar 22, 2016, 12:39 PM »
Just wondering if it's worth a trip up to the hatchery, is there still activity going on? Thanks.

Mrp2000

« Reply #689 on: Mar 22, 2016, 12:50 PM »
I stopped by there yesterday. The spawn house was open when I went and they were taking eggs what the exact hours were I am not 100 percent sure. I think if you call them they have a message on their machine with info.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.