FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...  (Read 339677 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: SALMON RIVER 2015-2016 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD
« Reply #690 on: Mar 22, 2016, 01:23 PM »
they been taking eggs for like a week now, its got too be close too being over, get up there soon or you'll miss it.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #691 on: Mar 22, 2016, 01:40 PM »

Would love to hook up with you Trapper....maybe for some pannies or stream trout, I pass everything I can on to my 5 yr old boy, but nothing like old school knowledge that can only be given after...say 30 40 50 years!

actually I really do have  COPD  it's  no joke  ... and  I'm not afraid too say it because  if  one  kid  doesn't smoke  then it's  not in vien ,I also really  do have  dyslexia ...I say that  because  other people have  it and  are  afraid  to  post things or  write ,I'm not .....  I went off  because   I really believe  every word I said  and  still do ..... I didn't predict anything  other then  every trib in lake onatrio will have  fish in it this fall .... I did not  bend  and records or use  anything to misguide anyone ....I grew up on salmon  river  I helped  stock the  first  fish that returned ....so  after  drifting a  few  billion egg sacks and  flies  I figure I am entitled to MY OPINION .....now I seen more  flip flopping then a  Clinton running for office  .....I am  not  flip flopping ....I  don't believe  salmon and  steelhead are  ingrained  to return to the  exact spot they were  released or  raised!!!  if  the  first was true  they would not run 90% of the  tribs ....pain and  simple  if  they were  instilled  to  return to the hatchery where they where raised  then they would all have  gone  west  to the state  hatchery in western ny (forgot the  name)    before  salmon river hatchery was  built ......  it's  not about  pictures  or  nets or more  people  ...I think  salmon river has less fish  because  there are  less fish  swimming

now  before  anyone  jumps on me  because I  said the  tribs  and  Oswego  had  lots  of  fish ...they do  but  they have  less  area  Oswego  is a  very  short body of water and  most  tribs  are  narrow  with a lot smaller  holes and  holding areas so less area  for  the  fish  to spread out and  hide

I have  nothing agaist  shane ,I disagree with him and  I don't  understand   how  he  predicted  the worse  year  ever  from stocking records  then  denys  it and  says  he's  cleaned more  steelies  then ever before ..... I find  that  a bit confussing  sorry  you  can look back

now  if  I jumped at  shane   it's  because  I  did offer  MY OPINION  hionest and   fair  and  I was  discussing  with  fred and  snagger  I even  said  snagger had a  interesting point ....which  he does ....  shane   called  me  foolish  and  wanting a  argueement  (I never  said   anything  like   shanes opinions  were foolish or that he wanted a  argueement   .....now  when it  comes  to remarks  like   people  that contribute  and  valued  opinion   that's  cheap shots  and  childish............ bottom line  I'm a  old  man that loves  to  flyfish that's  has  little  to nothing   shane  is  a  guy that has a  old  house  and  he  rents  rooms and  cleans  fish .... neither of  us  are  biologist  nor  rocket scientist  and  we  both love the  river  we  just see things  differently ....  he sees things  his  way and  I see them the  right way  .....that's all
[/quote]
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #692 on: Mar 22, 2016, 01:42 PM »
sorry skunk didn't mean to put part of your post in there

SNAGGER

« Reply #693 on: Mar 22, 2016, 01:42 PM »

I predicted worse run in 7 yrs not ever, whos bending now Clinton?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #694 on: Mar 22, 2016, 01:45 PM »

I haven't had a cigarette since july 28th myself, still chewing Nicorette gum and a e cig once in a while, hard habit too break.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

trapper2000

« Reply #695 on: Mar 22, 2016, 01:48 PM »
 I predicted worse run in 7 yrs not ever, whos bending now Clinton?

ya  know  people only offer a  olive  branch once

SNAGGER

« Reply #696 on: Mar 22, 2016, 01:49 PM »

ya  know  people only offer a  olive  branch once

no idea what that means, but I predicted worse run in 7 yrs, it happened, but I still cleaned more than the 90;s because theres more steelhead then the 90's.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #697 on: Mar 22, 2016, 01:55 PM »

I was on high blood pressure meds for 18 months, since quitting smoking I've been taken off them, but it still rises, so I'm just not gonna argue anymore with you trap,  you believe what you believe I believe what I believe, that's all. but I know you won't let it die that's just the way you are, have a nice day.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

KingPerch

« Reply #698 on: Mar 22, 2016, 02:38 PM »
Is there any salmon in the river? Lol!  ;D

RG...sounds like a plan! 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

« Reply #699 on: Mar 22, 2016, 03:19 PM »
Is there any salmon in the river? Lol!  ;D

no larry there all down to rice creek they stocked 250 brown trout for the kids to catch but a few  climb down that dam and become returning kings  :rotflol:

and sorry I didn't get out there today  I had a few issues  getting  someones meds

trapper2000

« Reply #700 on: Mar 22, 2016, 03:44 PM »

I haven't had a cigarette since july 28th myself, still chewing Nicorette gum and a e cig once in a while, hard habit too break.

I was fishing with lance and  lost my breath pulling his jon boat  I had to stop and catch my breath ,I tossed the  cigarettes that day never had another ...I never suffered withdrawl either ..... can't say I don't want one but that's not needing one  ....after I quit  I found it hard to walk from warm to cold   next thing your on a inhaler ..... my tip toss the  gum  the smokes and think would you rather have a  smoke  or be able to  go fishing .....  you can quit anyone can. I smoked all 45 years and   tossed a full pack  ..... even with my  problems I feel better  and  between walking and riding my bicycle I  think I have  improved  somewhat ....if you got a  young child really teach them how bad it is .....no matter what side of any disagreement  your on ...no one can tell me a good reason to smoke ...snag you can do it ...my bp actually went up after I quit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #701 on: Mar 22, 2016, 04:50 PM »
Is there any salmon in the river? Lol!  ;D

I've got a virgin IM-6, 10' 6 wt I built myself a bit ago. Can't thing of a better way to christen it.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

wallyworld

« Reply #702 on: Mar 22, 2016, 04:54 PM »
Stick with it Snag.....you can quit. Smoked 30+ years myself.....quit 16 years ago. Not an easy thing, but worth every bit of discomfort. It does get easier, so don't give up. You'll never regret quitting  8)

Old Timer

« Reply #703 on: Mar 22, 2016, 05:23 PM »
I have never seen a steelhead except on this thread.  I read where they were dieing of some deficiency. I have come to the conclusion those that dont die #1 lose their gps system, #2. Learn to fly over dams, and #3. Develop the ability to become invisible, sometimes for weeks and other times for years.  They sound like a difficultfish to persue..

trapper2000

« Reply #704 on: Mar 22, 2016, 06:05 PM »
 :rotflol: that was funny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.