FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...  (Read 340057 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: SALMON RIVER 2015-2016 SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD
« Reply #735 on: Mar 25, 2016, 04:31 PM »
hard for  me to understand  why any  steelhead fisherman  would  do that ....I  hope  it  was  some  kind of  accident and  not intentional
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

choo choo

« Reply #736 on: Mar 25, 2016, 05:21 PM »
hard for  me to understand  why any  steelhead fisherman  would  do that ....I  hope  it  was  some  kind of  accident and  not intentional
  I hear ya trap...kinda broke my heart when I saw it laying there at the parking lot .  :cursing:

Thanks Choo Choo, I was wondering where I left him.  :D :D  Nice job BTW

Years ago I was up with a buddy and when we got back to the parking lot, there was a steely in the snowbank. My buddy looked him over and threw him in the back of the truck. Didn't want to waste him.
Good One kc :rotflol:

Great job by you and kowboy on the fish earlier this week :thumbup_smilie:
I'm fishing my way through life .

Chowdaire

« Reply #737 on: Mar 25, 2016, 06:55 PM »
Nice fish, choo choo.

I caught my first steelhead in December, followed by quite a few more, but still haven't gotten one on a float. Looks like fun.

filetandrelease

« Reply #738 on: Mar 25, 2016, 08:53 PM »

Nice fish choo

Mac Attack

« Reply #739 on: Mar 25, 2016, 10:04 PM »
yup

choo choo

« Reply #740 on: Mar 25, 2016, 10:21 PM »
Nice fish, choo choo.

I caught my first steelhead in December, followed by quite a few more, but still haven't gotten one on a float. Looks like fun.
Thanks chowdaire, I wasn't on this site much after Early November , but a belated congrats to you on your first steelhead.

Float fishing is a lot of fun and despite what some people might say, it is a real  challenge with a 99 % fair ,/real take, hook up ratio. I have to thank Snagger for  getting me started and setting me up a few years ago with the right gear, and showing me the correct shot patterns for different water, main line and shot line  dual swivel placement , leader lengths, hook choices, float shapes and weights  and float adjustment for different water, bead placement, hand checking & hand braking for drag when fighting fish due to dragless pin reels ,and most of all he gave me free casting lessons in his yard! What more can I say, if anyone wants to learn center pin or spin float fishing, just go see Shane, end of story!
 I've still got a long way to go, but I would have never got this far without his expertise .

Thanks Fred f&r..& attack
I'm fishing my way through life .

jeffmac85

« Reply #741 on: Mar 26, 2016, 12:18 PM »
We saw the same thing last fall at the small train track parking spot by Fulton.   Some genius lopped the head off of what had to be a 12+ lb steelhead and put in on top of the concrete barrier.  I thought maybe they just cut the head off to clean it but the rest of the fish was laying there on the ground, no filets removed.  I could care less if guys keep a legal limit, I don't even care if they clean their fish and toss the carcass in the woods the birds and coyotes gotta eat too.  But to carry this nice size fish all the way back to your car just to cut the head off and leave it all in the lot is so messed up to me.  Takes a special kind of moron in my book to carry a 10-12 lb fish all the way back to your car for no apparent reason.  Only thing I can think of was some savage took it to strip the eggs with no intentions of keeping the fish.  Makes me sick

jeffmac85

« Reply #742 on: Mar 26, 2016, 12:23 PM »
Side note for all the bead fisherman.  Anyone have any luck using the newer soft egg imitations?   Steelhead stalkers makes a good one I've heard, I tried the pro-roe by lick 'em lures this past fall with no success but really never tried them as much as I probably should have.  Always tied them up too, never tried them as a single egg immitation.   Just wondered if anyone tried them with any success yet. 

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #743 on: Mar 26, 2016, 02:07 PM »
gel eggs work well.........ya know  glue fly works well too it's not as soft as a gel egg but softer then a bead
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

pieman1998

« Reply #744 on: Mar 26, 2016, 07:03 PM »
only 1 steelhead today 28 inch

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #745 on: Mar 29, 2016, 10:54 AM »

Been fishing the River every day for a couple hours, besides the crowds on Saturday, fishin has been descent, good mixture of fresh fish and droppies, even seen a few more big browns landed in my travels, cold weather and the lower waters are trying too extend this season into April ,it could of of been over by now after the warm winter we just had. Were getting lucky with this nice cooler weather.  Heres a few more pics from last few days.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #746 on: Mar 29, 2016, 06:41 PM »

Dropback bite was pretty good for the boys today, lots of action, almost as good as last thursday....

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #747 on: Mar 29, 2016, 06:43 PM »

Where you been deadeyes?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #748 on: Mar 29, 2016, 10:09 PM »
I been working and waitin for eye season to open. Looks like you guys been doin good on the steel! Nice pics brotha
Nice job findin em

Mrp2000

« Reply #749 on: Mar 30, 2016, 07:35 PM »
Nice fish. I am hoping to get one last day in on the river Monday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.