FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ChenBassHead's Fishin' Gallery (Update 10-24: St. Lawrence River pike)  (Read 9124 times)

Hood

Re: ChenBassHead's Fishin' Gallery (Update 5/3)
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2005, 12:43 PM »
Sweet eyeball Chen... love the white tips on the fins  WTG :)
GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

CarogaKid

• If the fish aren't Biting....Grab another Beer!!
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2005, 12:56 PM »
Nice mount....They really got that one done quick for ya...

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2005, 01:21 PM »
man, that is one sweet eye! congrats!
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
Well, my friends and I took a road trip to the Thousand Islands, and fished our arses off! Unfortunately, the fishing was sub-par...we did manage to catch some pike, bass (accidental, caught on cranks), perch, rockies, and bullhead...my friend Rob hooked a HUGE carp that snapped his 24 lb. braid like nothing.

My friend Kyle with his first pike, a 23"er.

Myself with my smallest pike ever...a whoppin' 15 incher!

My friend Rob (we just call him Barker) with a decent smallie.

There were plenty of fish caught off camera (batteries died). All the pike came on X-Raps...the smallies came on DT-6's.

-Zach

TJ Bauer

• LIVE LIFE, FISH, BE SAFE, HAVE FUN
looks like a good time WTG

Deposit

Sounded like a good trip! I've been hearing a lot of good things about those X-Raps and have seen some good things with my freinds who have them. Guess I'm going to have to sneek some past my wife the next time I'm at the store. Tight Lines

devil-man

Even if the fishing wasn't fantastic, at least you had a good time, Zach.
I picked up a couple X-Raps yesterday. I have heard nothing but great things.
Rapala rocks!

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
my friend Rob hooked a HUGE carp that snapped his 24 lb. braid like nothing.

All the pike came on X-Raps

There are some slammin' carp up there.  Ya gotta love those Rapalas.  They have a bait for practically any situation...
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
sweet looks like guy had a fun time
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

fishboy

Hey Zach
nice pics, sorry I wasn't able to make your presentation, the sad truth is I didn't get to open the mail till the day after it was over.  Thanks for the invite.  Hey we are gonna start harvesting ponds late next week and all of the following week.  You should stop by and I'll put you to work! ;D  I've been pretty busy but have managed some pretty good eye fishin on Oneida.  Stop by the shop in your travels, you won't believe how big the tigers are!

Tom
Swim with the fishes
live with the fishes
act like the fishes
smell like the fishes!

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
Well, here I am at Paul Smith's College! I know I haven't posted since spring, but that's because my digital camera went to hell. But I got a new one for my birthday, and took a few pics so far.

An insane little smallie, caught on a brown tube rigged on a chartruese jighead.

Nice largemouth, caught running a popper through a blowdown.

Reelin' in a 2 lb. LM. Caught inside an old, sunken boathouse.

Little largemouth, caught on a Spook last night.

Not a bad smallie for this lake, again on the spook. Man the topwater action is awesome up here!

And finally, a beautiful sunset, taken from the canoe last night.

Plenty more to come! But for now, I have to go to class!

-Zach

Kaybe15fishgirl

Nice bass Zach.. I'd exspect biger from you but... ya get what you can rigth... Hun... your so lucky! You get to fish up there all the time and I'm stuck here at school... darn!!! But nice largemouths and smallie!!!    :o B-E-A-UTIFUL sunset!!! Talk to you later! LOVE YOU!

-Kaybe

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
Thanks babe! Yeah, I know I SHOULD be getting bigger fish, but they're hard to come by in this lake. We'll have to get out this weekend at find some!  ;D Oh d**n, time for Tntro. to Fish and Wildlife Management lab!  Love you!

-Zach

Trophy Hunter639

Awwwwwwww :-* :-* :-* You two are cute ;) ;D Those are some nice fish Zach...must have been awesome fun on topwaters 8) Keep the pics coming!!

Chucker

I recognize the backgrounds, and know where you're looking.  I suggest shallower, and a bit farther west for northerns.  They're there......  Keep looking.  FWIW, best smallie I ever saw there came through the ice, right in the bay between The Point and the Union.  Don't forget to grab the map off of the DEC site - you have tons of structure to investigate!

Because I'm curious... PM me your schedule and instructors if you don't mind.  I'd like to see how much things have changed in the last 15 (gulp!) years.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.