FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hood's Fishin Adventures --> Crazy LOON! 5/17 (p9) Video on p10  (Read 26263 times)

Hood

AHhhh...the first 100% caught salmon of the year, and a day earlier than last year. I had one last week but it got off as I was pullin it up on shore.... It had 3-4 lampreys on it and I was kinda pisssed cuz I wanted to help the little guy...anyway heres a NICE sammy I caught a little after sunrise today on the third cast...she took a silver husky jerk. Note the cool red spot near the tail. Quick photo then back to the river  :)

Good start to the spring...very thick and healthy too  ;D

we also did some stockie fishin last week, three of us were fishin and prolly caught and each released 30-40 of these colorful little buggers  :)

GUN CONTROL MEANS HITTING YOUR TARGET 

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Re: Hood's Fishin Adventures- 4/6 Salmon
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2006, 07:54 AM »
Nice salmon Harry!  They should start coming in a little better the later we get into April, especially if the river AND lake are both high. 

Robb

• Upstate NY
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2006, 11:21 AM »
Nice fish!! It won't be long and some of those ADK lakes will be open ;).

Robb

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2006, 01:33 PM »
good job Hood!  pretty fish!
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2006, 02:34 PM »
Nice colors on that salmon!!

Fishingking

« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2006, 09:05 PM »
Sweet salmon Dude how many times did it jump :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

Hood

« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2006, 07:17 AM »
Sweet salmon Dude how many times did it jump :)

tried once but it turned into a headshake...I think they are still a little lethargic but it fought a lot more than the one i dropped last week...its gettin warmer ;D

......shouldda been out there this morn but I had a long awaited night at the bar after a hell week in school, might be a loooong day.... :wacko:

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2006, 07:23 AM »
Great pictures! I think salmon are the best fighting fish open or frozen water.

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2006, 09:05 AM »
Ya, grab some extra napkins too...after that grease hits your stomach you might be crappin in the creek.   :pinch:

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2006, 09:15 AM »
Nice fish Harry!  Oh yeah, your PM box is FULL...  ::)

-Zach

Hood

« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 2006, 10:34 AM »
cleaned...thanks for the heads up, i guess we only get 10 instead of 20 like the icy site....im feelin better, drank LOTS of water and juice but still have not peed...got a crazy ass deep fried chicken sandy that requires a knife and fork...i really need to chenge the oil in the fryer....kinda tastes like perch  ;D

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 2006, 10:37 AM »
cleaned...thanks for the heads up, i guess we only get 10 instead of 20 like the icy site....im feelin better, drank LOTS of water and juice but still have not peed...got a crazy ass deep fried chicken sandy that requires a knife and fork...i really need to chenge the oil in the fryer....kinda tastes like perch  ;D

got any WHITE CASTLES up by you??  now that is hangover food!
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Hood

« Reply #12 on: Apr 07, 2006, 10:53 AM »
NO and lord I wish we did....Back home I live minutes from the bronx and there are plenty of WCs....I can only consume that a few times a year....somethin about eatin 10 burgers in one shot really makes the salmon swim in my belly  ;)

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #13 on: Apr 07, 2006, 11:09 AM »
You have mail...  8)  Up here at college, we don't have a McDonalds within walking distance...but a bunch of greasy hash browns from the cafeteria are GREAT for hangovers...I just wish that they were open before 9 on Saturdays and Sundays that way I could eat some and get on the water (or ice) a lot earlier.  A real help that's for sure.

-Zach

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
« Reply #14 on: Apr 07, 2006, 11:20 AM »
NO and lord I wish we did....Back home I live minutes from the bronx and there are plenty of WCs....I can only consume that a few times a year....somethin about eatin 10 burgers in one shot really makes the salmon swim in my belly  ;)
lol.  yeah, I wish we had them in CNY.  I think there are frozen ones, but that ain't the same.  They really soak up the alcohol, then when they come back up...no more alcohol in ya!  And yes, ya gotta eat'em by the sackful.  Eating one is like having one shot of beer.  8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.