FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Helix contours not showing  (Read 1478 times)

DTUBE

Helix contours not showing
« on: Feb 10, 2020, 06:21 AM »
Hi all, hoping someone can help me. Bought the helix 7 gps. Went out the first time to chaumont, the chart shows depth numbers, but not contours of the bottom. Am I missing a setting on the unit or do I need to buy a map chip? Any help is appreciated.

Mac Attack

Re: Helix contours not showing
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2020, 08:25 AM »
zoom in little maybe??

iceman260

« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:03 AM »
I believe.you need a map chip.

Crappie crazy

« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2020, 01:13 PM »
I have a Helix 7 and I need my Navionics chip to get contours. Also, if you have only the zero lines card, the only contours you will be able to see are the ones you created with Auto Chart. Some of the other Humminbird units have slots for two chip and you can overlay Navionics contours with zero lines auto chart contours. But Helix 7 only takes one chip, or at least mine only has one slot. You can get auto chart to overlay contours on a Navionics card, but your limited to the amount of internal memory on your unit. I carry both Navionics and a zero lines card with me and switch back and forth as needed. Most of the time, Navionics is all I need, as most of the lakes I fish, Navionics is very accurate (lake George). I only use the zero lines on lakes that Navionics is not at all accurate (Saratoga lake) and I have to auto chart to get accurate contours.

DTUBE

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2020, 05:25 AM »
Thank you. After messing with it more..... it shows contours for Seneca Lake, Otsego, but not cayuga and not Canadarago.... shows contours on lake ontario near buffalo, but not Erie out of Buffalo. Guess I need to figure out what or how many maps I need to buy. Not too happy about that!!!! Thanks for the help!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.