FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sally report  (Read 1519 times)

bigr

Sally report
« on: Mar 22, 2019, 03:12 AM »
As expected the bite was very good at 105. Lots of fish with most being small. Kept a very nice batch of eating size 10 to 12 inchers. Shore was very muddy but should dry out quickly with sun and wind. 4ft deep dbl rig.

lovetfish

Re: Sally report
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2019, 09:01 AM »
Good to hear wonder if they have started putting Christmas trees in yet heard they had a lot of them at Dora ramp waiting for the banks to dry off need to do some walking with my gps

bigr

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2019, 05:05 AM »
not as friday

tater140

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2019, 10:49 AM »
They were still there Sat. morning also

RobertFitz

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2019, 05:49 PM »
Buddy and I went out to 105 today, casting about 10 feet from bank(muddy of course from the rain) and caught a few. Had to put on a ice fishing float to see most of the bites, since they were super light. Caught A LOT of dinks but kept a few keepers for the fry I'm having in a few months for the family. Black and green jig was the ticket with small twitches and pause since the wind was blowing. Rain came down and the bite stopped. Carp I actually hooked on the lip due to me casting where they were moving the stuff on the bottom. If it wasn't for the small line I could have just reeled him in since I hooked him in the bottom lip. Largest crappie was 11 inches.

lovetfish

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2019, 05:51 PM »
Good pictures

lovetfish

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2019, 05:55 PM »
With all this rain may be the last time we see winter pool until next fall last year at this time it was over summer pool

tater140

« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2019, 10:25 AM »
Nice catch.  I"m looking forward to spending some time there again once we get up to summer pool.  I haven't fished the spring there for a few years, but will likely hit it a couple of times this spring.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.