FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Small Water Opener  (Read 1458 times)

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
Small Water Opener
« on: Mar 25, 2019, 11:16 AM »
Took a walk in the woods this morning.  It's coming along.  A few pools were fishable even if they were a bit stained.  Should be in good shape for April 1.  What struck me though was how low flows were for this time of year and how things might be come summer.  There's still some snow to melt and rain in the forecast, but hopefully this drougty stuff isn't the new "normal"

stguy

Re: Small Water Opener
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2019, 05:27 PM »
I was out scouting some spots for smelt this afternoon and I thought the flow was down as well, one spot I used to do well at many years ago has dried up completely.

I haven't dipped them in a long time, amazing how much the real estate has changed in that time.

Jim C.

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2019, 08:27 PM »
That's for sure, Glen.  A lot of spots have changed and not for the better.  Time will tell.

I was out scouting some spots for smelt this afternoon and I thought the flow was down as well, one spot I used to do well at many years ago has dried up completely.

I haven't dipped them in a long time, amazing how much the real estate has changed in that time.

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2019, 09:52 PM »
Cool pictures Jim, that pool in the second one looks like a good spot for a brookie.  I too am worried the low water is the new normal.  Regardless of flows, I'm pretty excited for April  ;D

jacksmelt

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2019, 08:10 PM »
won't be a issue here. with our snow pack its going to get interesting very soon!
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

Jim C.

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2019, 06:16 AM »
I bet. Definitely a different situation up there!

won't be a issue here. with our snow pack its going to get interesting very soon!

stguy

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2019, 06:47 AM »

I heard rumors that you guys had 12 feet of snow at one time..is that accurate?

jacksmelt

« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2019, 09:54 PM »
147 in. last i heard . 4th snowiest on record! and we aren't done yet! seen 18in. snowfalls in april.
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

stguy

« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2019, 07:20 AM »
147 in. last i heard . 4th snowiest on record! and we aren't done yet! seen 18in. snowfalls in april.

So 4th of July could be the start of mud season?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.